Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP - Not Responding

XP - Not Responding

Lisa

I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.

What are the most likely culprits please?

Lisa

joevan

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:34:48 GMT, "Lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
>worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>
>What are the most likely culprits please?
>
>Lisa

Are you using safe hex?
AV, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster, ad-aware, !
Any or all of the above?
and for the same reason."

BinaryApocalypse@gmail.com

that's what you get for running windows.

go linux

Malware Magnet

Lisa wrote:

> I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
> worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>
> What are the most likely culprits please?
>
> Lisa

I recommend that you go to the following URL and download the Ewido Security
Suite:
http://www.ewido.net

It's a 14 day trial - but it is the full version of the software and does a
fantastic job of cleaning up any malware.

Install Ewido, check for updates, then run a Full System Scan. Once you've
done that, I recommend downloading CCleaner from:
http://www.cleaner.com

Install CCleaner, then run the cleaner. After that, have CCleaner "Scan for
Issues" - the Fix All Issues. It will prompt you to backup your registry
during this procedure. This is a good idea.

You can keep Ewido for the two weeks, then uninstall it - but if Ewido
detects and removes a significant amount of malware, I would suggest
that you consider purchasing it - it is well worth the $30.

If you do these things and your computer is still freezing, let us know.
There is still more that can be done.

HTH

Meat Plow

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:56:02 -0800, Malware Moron babbled:

> Lisa wrote:
>
>> I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
>> worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>>
>> What are the most likely culprits please?
>>
>> Lisa

> I recommend that you go to the following URL and download the Ewido Security
> Suite:
> http://www.ewido.net
>
> It's a 14 day trial - but it is the full version of the software and does a
> fantastic job of cleaning up any malware.
>
> Install Ewido, check for updates, then run a Full System Scan. Once you've
> done that, I recommend downloading CCleaner from:
> http://www.cleaner.com
>
> Install CCleaner, then run the cleaner. After that, have CCleaner "Scan for
> Issues" - the Fix All Issues. It will prompt you to backup your registry
> during this procedure. This is a good idea.
>
> You can keep Ewido for the two weeks, then uninstall it - but if Ewido
> detects and removes a significant amount of malware, I would suggest
> that you consider purchasing it - it is well worth the $30.
>
> If you do these things and your computer is still freezing, let us know.
> There is still more that can be done.

Like suspect/test the ****ing RAM / PSU like she should do before any
other idiotic advice she's gotten prior to my reply.

Aratzio

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:19:54 -0500, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
transparently proposed:

>On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:56:02 -0800, Malware Moron babbled:
>
>> Lisa wrote:
>>
>>> I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
>>> worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>>>
>>> What are the most likely culprits please?
>>>
>>> Lisa

>> I recommend that you go to the following URL and download the Ewido Security
>> Suite:
>> http://www.ewido.net
>>
>> It's a 14 day trial - but it is the full version of the software and does a
>> fantastic job of cleaning up any malware.
>>
>> Install Ewido, check for updates, then run a Full System Scan. Once you've
>> done that, I recommend downloading CCleaner from:
>> http://www.cleaner.com
>>
>> Install CCleaner, then run the cleaner. After that, have CCleaner "Scan for
>> Issues" - the Fix All Issues. It will prompt you to backup your registry
>> during this procedure. This is a good idea.
>>
>> You can keep Ewido for the two weeks, then uninstall it - but if Ewido
>> detects and removes a significant amount of malware, I would suggest
>> that you consider purchasing it - it is well worth the $30.
>>
>> If you do these things and your computer is still freezing, let us know.
>> There is still more that can be done.
>>

>Like suspect/test the ****ing RAM / PSU like she should do before any
>other idiotic advice she's gotten prior to my reply.

"My computer locks-up."
"Run a full scan by TWO full suites of software"

Brilliant.

Maybe a defrag that can lock-up mid point would be a fun thing to try
too?

--

AHM Wanker Stomping Award - 2005

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) on 10-22-2005

"But it is not isolated AUK has a massive impact the rest of usenet."

Lisa

"Malware Magnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lisa wrote:
>
>> I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
>> worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>>
>> What are the most likely culprits please?
>>
>> Lisa

> I recommend that you go to the following URL and download the Ewido
> Security
> Suite:
> http://www.ewido.net
>
> It's a 14 day trial - but it is the full version of the software and does
> fantastic job of cleaning up any malware.
>
> Install Ewido, check for updates, then run a Full System Scan. Once you've
> done that, I recommend downloading CCleaner from:
> http://www.cleaner.com
>
> Install CCleaner, then run the cleaner. After that, have CCleaner "Scan
> for
> Issues" - the Fix All Issues. It will prompt you to backup your registry
> during this procedure. This is a good idea.
>
> You can keep Ewido for the two weeks, then uninstall it - but if Ewido
> detects and removes a significant amount of malware, I would suggest
> that you consider purchasing it - it is well worth the $30.
>
> If you do these things and your computer is still freezing, let us know.
> There is still more that can be done.
>
> HTH
>
> --

Thanks. Trying that now
Lisa

Lisa

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:56:02 -0800, Malware Moron babbled:
>
>> Lisa wrote:
>>
>>> I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
>>> worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>>>
>>> What are the most likely culprits please?
>>>
>>> Lisa

>> I recommend that you go to the following URL and download the Ewido
>> Security
>> Suite:
>> http://www.ewido.net
>>
>> It's a 14 day trial - but it is the full version of the software and does
>> fantastic job of cleaning up any malware.
>>
>> Install Ewido, check for updates, then run a Full System Scan. Once
>> you've
>> done that, I recommend downloading CCleaner from:
>> http://www.cleaner.com
>>
>> Install CCleaner, then run the cleaner. After that, have CCleaner "Scan
>> for
>> Issues" - the Fix All Issues. It will prompt you to backup your registry
>> during this procedure. This is a good idea.
>>
>> You can keep Ewido for the two weeks, then uninstall it - but if Ewido
>> detects and removes a significant amount of malware, I would suggest
>> that you consider purchasing it - it is well worth the $30.
>>
>> If you do these things and your computer is still freezing, let us know.
>> There is still more that can be done.
>>

> Like suspect/test the ****ing RAM / PSU like she should do before any
> other idiotic advice she's gotten prior to my reply.

Go away, you silly little man. You're pathetic.

Gordon

Lisa wrote:
> I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
> worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>
> What are the most likely culprits please?
>
> Lisa

XP?

Lisa

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lisa wrote:
>> I keep getting programs freezing and not responding. Seems to be getting
>> worse. Most programs, XP Home on a newish Mesh Dual Core, 2GB Ram.
>>
>> What are the most likely culprits please?
>>
>> Lisa

> XP?

Oh tee hee. (Twerp)