Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can't reply to messages

can't reply to messages

Ryan Smith

How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

Ryan Smith

Apparently yes!
news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Ryan Smith wrote:
>> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

> Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
>
> (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

Gordon

Ryan Smith wrote:
> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?

(aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

Blinky the Shark

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:44:16 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> Ryan Smith wrote:
>> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

> Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
>
> (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

I doubt it's just the ones who post here.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

old jon

news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Ryan Smith wrote:
>> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

> Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
>
> (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)
>No, I`m not ! <g>.

old jon

news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:44:16 +0000, Gordon wrote:
>
>> Ryan Smith wrote:
>>> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

>> Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
>>
>> (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

> I doubt it's just the ones who post here.

Get back out to sea Blinky, it`s not whales the japs are after this week
<g>.

> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> Details: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Ryan Smith

I am!

Mike Easter

Ryan Smith wrote:
> How can I reply to messages - I'm new to this.

http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nquote.html Quoting Style in
Newsgroup Postings

Q1: What is "quoting" in newsgroup postings?
Q2: How should I use the quoted text and arrange it with my own text?
Q3: Why shouldn't I quote the entire posting that I'm responding to?
Q8: When I start composing a response, my news-posting software always
puts the insertion point above the quoted material.

When you want to reply to a message, click your Reply Group tool button
or use Message menu Reply to group.

Then, using the guidelines demonstrated in the link above, do not start
typing, start trimming.

By 'precise' trimming, whatever you have to say will be made more clear
and more pertinent and more accurately responsive to whatever you are
replying to.

After precisely trimming, place your remarks in context to those words
you are replying to, leaving an empty line space below those words
before you begin typing your own..

After you've finished with your remarks, trim away everything else below
you. You can add a signature by using your Insert signature function
from the Insert sig toolbutton or from the Insert menu - Signature.

--
Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:00:03 +0000, old jon wrote:

> news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...

>>> Use the "Reply Group" button? perhaps?
>>>
>>> (aside - are ALL NTL World users totally friggin' thick?)

>> I doubt it's just the ones who post here.
>>

> Get back out to sea Blinky, it`s not whales the japs are after this week
> <g>.

I already gave my fin to charity.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Joe

Press Reply or Reply Group button, not Write. That will start a new message