Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > email

email

Helen Breen

I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK
EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

Evan Platt

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:20:32 GMT, "Helen Breen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
>RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS?

I don't know. Could be a CAPS LOCK ISSUE, or it could be as simple as
reading the error message.

>I USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98

I'm sorry.

>MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

No, it's not.

That could be your problem.

Mike Easter

Helen Breen wrote:
> I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
> RECEIVE ANY.

Your mail servers are:

Incoming mail server (pop): mail.tesco.net
Outgoing mail server (smtp): mail.tesco.net

Your username is helen.breen

> WHY IS THIS?

You likely have something misconfigured, like the domain name

> I USE OUTLOOK
> EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98

Here's a page showing you how to configure

http://www.tesco.net/help_pages/PC/m...t/content.html
How do I set-up my account?

> MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

That's a mistake and you can't configure like that for the name of the
mailserver. You'll have to put a dot between tesco and net as I showed
above.

And, when you type a news message, you should not have your capslock key
on. You should make your message look like this:

Helen Breen wrote:
> Am able to send e-mails but I cannot receive any. Why is this? I

use Outlook Express on Windows 98 My email address is

Mike Easter

Whiskers

On 2006-01-23, Helen Breen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
> RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK
> EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

Please don't SHOUT.

Make sure that you have the correct settings in OE.

Ask your ISP if they are having any problems; check the 'system status'
information on their web site.

Is anyone sending you any e-mails?

(If you can read this then you are at least getting newsgroup articles -
but they are not e-mail).

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Duane Arnold

Helen Breen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<40aBf.53657$(E-Mail Removed)>...

> I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY.

Maybe you really can. I recommend that you try.

> WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS
> IS HELEN.

Why the **** do you use outlook express on windows 98 your email address
is helen?

> BREEN@TESCONET.

You're a little young to be retiring.

> I'm always too stressed out about nothing!!...

Go here,
Breen:

http://www.newhopehealthclinic.com/p...it_suicide.htm

--
Duane

Plato

Helen Breen wrote:

> I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
> RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK

Your password is wrong.

> EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

clot

Plato wrote:
> Helen Breen wrote:
>>
>> I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
>> RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK

> Your password is wrong.
>
>> EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

Hmm, Plato. TescoDOTnet?

Dirk Diggler

"Helen Breen" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:40aBf.53657$q4.46459
@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

> I AM ABLE TO SEND E-MAILS BUT I CANNOT
> RECEIVE ANY. WHY IS THIS? I USE OUTLOOK
> EXPRESS ON WINDOWS 98 MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS HELEN.BREEN@TESCONET

It's because your cap key is broke. You are now banded from using the
Internet.

Dirk