Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FireFox's Cache

FireFox's Cache

Morgi3

Hi guys, hopefully someone can quickly correct me if I am wrong on any
of this...

So in V1.5 of FireFox am I right in saying that the "cache.trash"
folder located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXXX.default\Cac he.Trash

serves no purpose as all files seem to now be cached in the default
location that IE would use at:

C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Local Settings\Temporary
Internet Files

....right? Where as previous versions of FF would cache at:

C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXXX.default\Cac he

....? If anyone can confirm or correct me on this it would be great.
Also really just to know in v1.5 is the cache.trash folder every used
in any circumstances??

Thanks very much.

Morgi3

Just to add to this....I've been able to get hold of a few old versions
of FF for testing (from oldversion.com) and noticed that in v.0.8 the
cache was in fact stored at:

C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
Data\Phoenix\Profiles\Default\XXXXXXXX.slt\Cache

(Not sure if the .slt is standard of differs). My question here would
really be am I right in thinking that all versions of FF <= v.0.8 store
their cache at the above location?

Again, thanks for any info. or pointers.

elaich

"Morgi3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> So in V1.5 of FireFox am I right in saying that the "cache.trash"
> folder located at:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXXX.default\Cac he.Trash
>
> serves no purpose as all files seem to now be cached in the default
> location that IE would use at:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Local Settings\Temporary
> Internet Files

I'm running 1.5 and the cache.trash folder does not exist on my system. The
cache is where it's always been.