Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost

Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost

john

Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
helping me backup my HD.
I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
informed and impartial opinions!
Thanks
John

clot

john wrote:
> Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
> helping me backup my HD.
> I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
> informed and impartial opinions!
> Thanks
> John

Can't tell you about Norton but Acronis works fine for me. I format my D
drive once a week and image across. Did it this p.m. Took about 45 mins.
with 160 Gig drives on both.

*x@y*

"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
> helping me backup my HD.
> I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
> informed and impartial opinions!
> Thanks
> John

Some info on Ghost: http://tinyurl.com/9xq9v

A fewer for Acronis: http://tinyurl.com/7t3oc

Good Luck, x@y

Spuds

On 22 Jan 2006 15:33:14 -0800, "john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
>helping me backup my HD.
>I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
>informed and impartial opinions!
>Thanks
>John

I was a Ghost user for years. Tried v9 when it came out, and found it a
bloated POS (not unlike every other Symantec app.)

Bought Acronis TrueImage and am very happy with it. The only thing it doesn't
do natively is image directly to DVDR.

*x@y*

"*x@y*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
>> helping me backup my HD.
>> I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
>> informed and impartial opinions!
>> Thanks
>> John

> Some info on Ghost: http://tinyurl.com/9xq9v
>
> A fewer for Acronis: http://tinyurl.com/7t3oc
>
> Good Luck, x@y

More for Acronis\ 2006: x@y

http://tinyurl.com/axdnt

Moky

Like one of the previous posters I used Ghost for years, effective but
difficult to learn, long winded and slow and of course it included Norton
taking over the computer, like it or not.

More recently changed to Acronis. Like it a lot, MUCH faster and simpler to
get to grips with. I too found it would not save directly to CD/DVD despite
its claims however it is possible to burn the image from your selected
location to a disk but it isn't a bootable disk. Just means booting with
the floppies first if necessary.

Maurice

"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
> helping me backup my HD.
> I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
> informed and impartial opinions!
> Thanks
> John

news:OAXAf.62$l%(E-Mail Removed)...