Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wharfedale WDP-1210 10in Portable DVD Player

Wharfedale WDP-1210 10in Portable DVD Player

zaax

Has anyone got one of these?

This is the cheapest 10" portable DVD player I've seen. Though I can't
find anything else about it on the net so I presume that its an Argos
only product and just badged Wharfdale.

http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh

zaax

ng_reader

"zaax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone got one of these?
>
> This is the cheapest 10" portable DVD player I've seen. Though I can't
> find anything else about it on the net so I presume that its an Argos
> only product and just badged Wharfdale.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh

> zaax

One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and someone
bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver manufacturer.

joevan

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:25:07 -0500, "ng_reader"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"zaax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Has anyone got one of these?
>>
>> This is the cheapest 10" portable DVD player I've seen. Though I can't
>> find anything else about it on the net so I presume that its an Argos
>> only product and just badged Wharfdale.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh
>>
>> --
>> --
>> zaax

>One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and someone
>bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver manufacturer.

In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.
and for the same reason."

clot

joevan wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:25:07 -0500, "ng_reader"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "zaax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Has anyone got one of these?
>>>
>>> This is the cheapest 10" portable DVD player I've seen. Though I
>>> can't find anything else about it on the net so I presume that its
>>> an Argos only product and just badged Wharfdale.
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/dmmyh
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> zaax

>> One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and
>> someone bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver
>> manufacturer.
>>

> In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
> still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.

So true, I'm still using my thunder coffins I built in the late 60's
with a Leak Amp of the same era!

Paulos

"clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SABAf.107289$(E-Mail Removed)...
> joevan wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:25:07 -0500, "ng_reader"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> "zaax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> One would have to assume that Wharfdale is out of business, and
>>> someone bought the name. Very high end loudspeaker/driver
>>> manufacturer.
>>>

>> In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
>> still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.

> So true, I'm still using my thunder coffins I built in the late 60's with
> a Leak Amp of the same era!

From an argos employee, yes it is an argos only product, we bought the name
and now own it.

brian milner

test1
"Paulos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4tcBf.7708$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:SABAf.107289$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > joevan wrote:

> >> In the 60's they were well thought of, maybe still are by some. I
> >> still have a 12 inch unit. Nice sounding speakers. They were good.

> > So true, I'm still using my thunder coffins I built in the late 60's

with
> > a Leak Amp of the same era!

> From an argos employee, yes it is an argos only product, we bought the

name