Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pin assignments of SATA cable

Pin assignments of SATA cable

David Wood

Anyone know the pin assignments of SATA?
It seems to have a total of 7 but most are earth. I need to solder the
cable to a hard drive with broken connector

old jon

"David Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dqtje5$beu$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Anyone know the pin assignments of SATA?
> It seems to have a total of 7 but most are earth. I need to solder the
> cable to a hard drive with broken connector

You`ll find it here,
http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_C...ial_ATA.html#e

--
bw..OJ

why?

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:19:31 -0000, David Wood wrote:

>Anyone know the pin assignments of SATA?

Lots, including me.

>It seems to have a total of 7 but most are earth. I need to solder the
>cable to a hard drive with broken connector

As mentioned before in other SATA posts, see the SATA docs. They are
easy to find.

Me