Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Java/ByteVerify Virus

Java/ByteVerify Virus

Bruce

I am running windows XP on a Compac Presario bought two years ago . I have a
ZoneAlarm firewall and am using AVG free virus scanning . Having just
completed a scan , AVG have told me that I have the above virus for which I
can get a fix from microsoft update . I have been to the update site but can
find no mention of this virus .
Can anyone help . Have you heard of this virus .

Thanx in advance
Bruce

Jack Black

I too use AVG 7.1, BUT I let AVG delete the file from my machine. You
will see the file is located in the temp internet files. The file is
nothing other than a problem. MS can not help you!

Bruce wrote:
> I am running windows XP on a Compac Presario bought two years ago . I have a
> ZoneAlarm firewall and am using AVG free virus scanning . Having just
> completed a scan , AVG have told me that I have the above virus for which I
> can get a fix from microsoft update . I have been to the update site but can
> find no mention of this virus .
> Can anyone help . Have you heard of this virus .
>

> Thanx in advance
> Bruce

Toolman Tim

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news7hAf.17950$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am running windows XP on a Compac Presario bought two years ago . I have
>a ZoneAlarm firewall and am using AVG free virus scanning . Having just
>completed a scan , AVG have told me that I have the above virus for which I
>can get a fix from microsoft update . I have been to the update site but
>can find no mention of this virus .
> Can anyone help . Have you heard of this virus .

It's an "exploit", not a "virus".

I believe this is the MS info on this exploit:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS03-011.mspx

See if this helps:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
or
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm

Chris

Good Afternoon
Had same problem, using Sun Java, fixed by turning off caching in the java
console, temp internet files, view applets, uncheck.

Reg
Chris,