Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Toshiba Satellite Memory Problems

Toshiba Satellite Memory Problems

Kong_1

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 and I have 5 sticks of ram. And
when you stick any of them in member bank 1 the computer works fine.
But stick any stick in bank 2 and it starts blue screening. I have ran
10 to 15 passes of Memtest86 on each stick and found no probs and I
have stuck a stick in each bank and ran over 15 pases on them and
still have no errors but when you computer boots to win 98 or Win XP
with and without SP2. I have reformatted just in case.... it would
covered with viruses too . But now it is clean and still blue screens
with both banks filled. Why does memtest86 not get any errors from
that bank but windows blue screens.

and the memory registers fine and shows up as the computer having
512mb but then blue screens a few minutes later in windows.