Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVI Editing

AVI Editing

Bill P

Hi
Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background white noise
from an avi file. It has been created with a digital camera. I have tried
GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I come to save it, it will not
overwrite the existing file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Bill

old jon

"Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dqr75q$g3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background white
> noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital camera. I have
> tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I come to save it, it
> will not overwrite the existing file.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Regards
> Bill

You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
original.

--
bw..OJ

Bill P

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QO9Af.2142$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dqr75q$g3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background white
>> noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital camera. I have
>> tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I come to save it, it
>> will not overwrite the existing file.
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>> Regards
>> Bill
>>

> You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
> original.
>
> --
> bw..OJ

Hi OJ
I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.
Bill

fred-bloggs

"Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:dqrbdv$pus$(E-Mail Removed):

> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:QO9Af.2142$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dqr75q$g3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi
>>> Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background
>>> white noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital
>>> camera. I have tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I
>>> come to save it, it will not overwrite the existing file.
>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>> Regards
>>> Bill
>>>

>> You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
>> original.
>>
>> --
>> bw..OJ
>>

> Hi OJ
> I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.

Goldwave only edits audio.

You need to mutiplex the new, de-hissed audio with the old video.
You can do this with VirtualDub
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...2.zip?download
Some instructions
http://www.doom9.org/virtualdub_proc...#Audio_options

--
fred

Mitch

In article <dqr75q$g3n$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bill P
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> but when I come to save it, it will not
> overwrite the existing file.

Where is the file? I assume you thought to remove it from the camera
storage first?

When you save it, do you change the name? do you change the directory?
If you do either of those, it should allow you to save the file -- no
overwriting is necessary!

Mitch

In article <dqrbdv$pus$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bill P
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
> > original.

> I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.

You tried saving the audio, and it worked?
Didn't you just write that you couldn't save it?

You tried saving the audio file from the audio editor, and you are
complaining that it only saved audio?
Why is that a problem? Sounds like you got what you wanted!

Bill P

"fred-bloggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43d13387$0$16481$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:dqrbdv$pus$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:QO9Af.2142$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:dqr75q$g3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>>> You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
>>> original.
>>>
>>> --
>>> bw..OJ
>>>

>> Hi OJ
>> I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.

> Goldwave only edits audio.
>
> You need to mutiplex the new, de-hissed audio with the old video.
> You can do this with VirtualDub
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...2.zip?download
> Some instructions
> http://www.doom9.org/virtualdub_proc...#Audio_options
>

> --
> fred

Thanks Fred

dogsBollix

"Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:dqrbdv$pus$(E-Mail Removed):

> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:QO9Af.2142$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dqr75q$g3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi
>>> Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background white
>>> noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital camera. I
>>> have tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I come to
>>> save it, it will not overwrite the existing file.
>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>> Regards
>>> Bill
>>>

>> You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
>> original.
>>
>> --
>> bw..OJ
>>

> Hi OJ
> I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.
> Bill

because goldwave is an audio editor ?
you could use virtualdub to split the video and audio
use goldwave (or another audio editor) to cleanup the audio
use virtualdub to recombine video and audio

dB