Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > new DVD RW Drive advice

new DVD RW Drive advice

David B

I have a existing DVD disk drive and a separate CD RW disk drive. I have
just brought a new DVD RW combination drive. And I want to have a spare 5.5
bay for some front mounted audio connections. Do I remove both my existing
drives and install the new one in one operation . or do one at a time. if so
what order?

Jarhead

"David B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dqp74m$co5$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
| I have a existing DVD disk drive and a separate CD RW disk drive. I
have
| just brought a new DVD RW combination drive. And I want to have a
spare 5.5
| bay for some front mounted audio connections. Do I remove both my
existing
| drives and install the new one in one operation . or do one at a time.
if so
| what order?

The DVD burner that I bought said to make it the master drive. Your
CD/DVD ROM should be the master and your CD/R-R/W should be the slave.
( this is the way mine was set up) Check the jumpers on the back of the
drives. If all else fails- - read the instructions that comes with the
DVD burner.

--
Jarhead

old jon

"David B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dqp74m$co5$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>I have a existing DVD disk drive and a separate CD RW disk drive. I have
>just brought a new DVD RW combination drive. And I want to have a spare 5.5
>bay for some front mounted audio connections. Do I remove both my existing
>drives and install the new one in one operation . or do one at a time. if
>so what order?

Hi Dave. First go into Device Manager and Delete them both.
switch off the machine. Your OK to remove both drives,
then fit your new one in one operation.
Then switch off and restart, so the new one is recognised.
Now you`ve got your spare 5.25 bay.

--
bw..OJ