Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Deleting Yahoo as default browser home page

Deleting Yahoo as default browser home page

SysAssist

Everytime I try to change my default setting for my Internet Explorer
home, yahoo overrides my changes with one of their pages. I go to the
Tools menu and select Internet Options. I click the general tab and
either click the current page button or type in a URL I want as my
default browser home page. After making that change I click the apply
button and then the OK button, expecting IE to accept my changes.
However when I click the home page button on my browser a yahoo page
appears.

Please help me to understand the problem and how to fix it, so I can
choose the web page I want as my browser's default home page.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

GHalleck

SysAssist wrote:
> Everytime I try to change my default setting for my Internet Explorer
> home, yahoo overrides my changes with one of their pages. I go to the
> Tools menu and select Internet Options. I click the general tab and
> either click the current page button or type in a URL I want as my
> default browser home page. After making that change I click the apply
> button and then the OK button, expecting IE to accept my changes.
> However when I click the home page button on my browser a yahoo page
> appears.
>
> Please help me to understand the problem and how to fix it, so I can
> choose the web page I want as my browser's default home page.
>
> Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

Need to run one of the adaware applications, such as Lavasoft
Ad-Aware SE Personal or Spybut S&D. In addition, run an online
anti-virus scanner, such as Housecall from Trend-Micro. Delete
all of the malware detected. They should take care of the worm
or trojan that got into the computer.

Chet