Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Deleting Yahoo home page

Deleting Yahoo home page

jeffba3@gmail.com

Everytime I open Internet Explorer the following URL appears as my
default home page:

http://e.my.yahoo.com/config/my_init...ner=my&.from=i

When I go to Tools>Internet Options and try to set a new home page the
above URL overrides my new default home page and reappears.

How can I delete yahoo from appearing as my default home page?

*x@y*

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Everytime I open Internet Explorer the following URL appears as my
> default home page:
>
> http://e.my.yahoo.com/config/my_init...ner=my&.from=i
>
> When I go to Tools>Internet Options and try to set a new home page the
> above URL overrides my new default home page and reappears.
>
> How can I delete yahoo from appearing as my default home page?

Hi Jeff,

I have same problem, my is not yahoo it is a tool bar from my ISP,
when I log on to the Internet they install their home page.

I also have my own activated on "Tools>Internet Options"

I am on dial-up internet service so my is a slow log on.
Here is what I do for the time being, if I want my own Homepage.

"On log on I watch when the internet explorer bar comes up with
the Home Icon,
"I click on it quickly" and it will start to load my own Home Page"
Before the one from my ISP is full on.
Give it a try till someone tells us the solution.

Good Luck, ☺x@y☺