Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scanner Driver Problem

Scanner Driver Problem

Jim Nazaruk

I have an old CanoScan FB 6200 scanner and I want to install the driver on
my Window XP Pro operating system. I know it works because I have done it
before with the same scanner and operating system.

Here's the rub: when I did it before, the operating system I installed it on
used drive C: as the local disk - the OS I am trying to install it on now
uses drive E: as the local disk (currently.drive C: is being used by my zip
drive).

I d/loaded the drivers from Canon and when I tried to install them (there
are 2 versions), the installation programs wanted to install it on drive C:
and would not let me change the drive to E: no matter what I tried.

Is there a way to get this driver to install on drive E: instead of drive C:
?

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers you may be able to give me to
resolve this problem!

Jim Nazaruk

Thanks for reading this post, but after I wrote this a work-around occured
to me and it did the trick. The scanner is now working properly and I am
ready to call it a night!

news:9%2zf.8842$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...