Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screenshot comparisons of all versions of Windows Media Player!

Screenshot comparisons of all versions of Windows Media Player!

kenny

Just for people to see the evolution of this program, I made a page...

http://www.computerboom.net/download...omparisons.htm

Enjoy

Kenny
www.computerboom.net

Doc

"kenny" <-> wrote in news:43cc772f$(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org:

> Just for people to see the evolution of this program, I made a page...
>
> http://www.computerboom.net/download...omparisons.htm
>
> Enjoy
>

> Kenny
> www.computerboom.net

WTF has a microsoft product got to do with FREEWARE ?

Rolf Barbakken

"Doc" <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
news:ed0zf.15553$(E-Mail Removed)...

> WTF has a microsoft product got to do with FREEWARE ?

WMP is freeware

--
_________________
Rolf @ Questus ans

kenny

Actually version 8 cannot be called freeware, since you had to get XP to
have it...
In other words you had to pay for windows if you wanted to go from ver 7 to
8.
There was never a download for 8.

But the others since they can be installed on other versions of windows and
downloaded .. they are freeware.

I wanted to make this page, because there is much confusion about
media player 8 9 and 10. Some dont even know that they are different
versions!
It just let them know what version they have from the screenshots and what
they can upgrade to, and it is interesting to see how a program evolved.

Who would imagine when the first media player was made that there would
come the internet revolution, then the mp3 revolution, and now movie and tv
show
downloads with broadband connections, and in some places of the world free
wireless access to the internet! The internet has grown from a text only
medium to
a media powerhouse!

Its truly a boom of computing...

"Rolf Barbakken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dqi5iu$o7r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Doc" <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> news:ed0zf.15553$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> WTF has a microsoft product got to do with FREEWARE ?

> WMP is freeware
>
> --
> _________________
> Rolf @ Questus ans

Dan Evans

"Doc" <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
news:ed0zf.15553$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "kenny" <-> wrote in news:43cc772f$(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org:
>
>> Just for people to see the evolution of this program, I made a page...
>>

> WTF has a microsoft product got to do with FREEWARE ?

You don't have to pay for the new versions? ISTR that it works under Wine.

Dan

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

kenny wrote:

> Actually version 8 cannot be called freeware, since you had to get XP
> to have it... In other words you had to pay for windows if you wanted
> to go from ver 7 to 8.

What about version 9? I have WMP 9 on Windows 2000 Pro.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

kenny

Windows 2000 pro did not come with WMP9 but with MP 6.4

You have already updraded to the best you can get...

news:eq4bxqxejj5u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> kenny wrote:
>
>> Actually version 8 cannot be called freeware, since you had to get XP
>> to have it... In other words you had to pay for windows if you wanted
>> to go from ver 7 to 8.

> What about version 9? I have WMP 9 on Windows 2000 Pro.
>
> --
> -bts
> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

kenny wrote:

[top-posting fixed]

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eq4bxqxejj5u$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> kenny wrote:
>>
>>> Actually version 8 cannot be called freeware, since you had to get XP
>>> to have it... In other words you had to pay for windows if you wanted
>>> to go from ver 7 to 8.

>> What about version 9? I have WMP 9 on Windows 2000 Pro.

> Windows 2000 pro did not come with WMP9 but with MP 6.4

Of course. I know that.

> You have already updraded to the best you can get...

...but .. but .. you said I would have to buy XP to advance beyond
version 7.

Please trim signatures when replying. Thanks.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

The Seabat

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:35:02 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>kenny wrote:
>>
>>[top-posting fixed]
>>
>>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:eq4bxqxejj5u$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Windows 2000 pro did not come with WMP9 but with MP 6.4

>>Of course. I know that.
>>
>>> You have already updraded to the best you can get...

>>..but .. but .. you said I would have to buy XP to advance beyond
>>version 7.

No......he said that you had to 'pay' for version 8, not that that you
couldn't advance beyond that!

--
The Seabat

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

The Seabat wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:35:02 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>>kenny wrote:
>>>
>>>[top-posting fixed]

>>>Of course. I know that.

>>>..but .. but .. you said I would have to buy XP to advance beyond
>>>version 7.

> No......he said that you had to 'pay' for version 8, not that that you
> couldn't advance beyond that!

No, he said "you had to pay for *windows* if you wanted to go from ver 7
to 8." [emphasis mine]

I didn't have to pay for version 8. Or version 9. Or Windows XP. I did
purchase Windows 2000 about 6-7 years ago. Further, he says I "had to
get XP to have it"... I certainly don't have XP with my WMP version 8 or
9.