Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Signatures

Signatures

HELPMV

Anyone know how I can get OE to not automatically top post with signatures?
Be nice if I could have my signature at the bottom of the screen.

HELPMV
For Help and Support With Multivision Computers:

Evan Platt

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:44:04 -0000, "HELPMV"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone know how I can get OE to not automatically top post with signatures?
>Be nice if I could have my signature at the bottom of the screen.

The best solution is ditch OE.

Second best: Outlook express Quote Fix.
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...te+fix&spell=1

Mike Easter

HELPMV wrote:
> Anyone know how I can get OE to not automatically top post with
> signatures? Be nice if I could have my signature at the bottom of the
> screen.

If you are going to run native OE, you should turn off its auto sigs in
OE/ Tools/ Options/ Signatures - unclick add signatures to all messages
/or/ to all replies and forwards.

Then for your newsgroup correspondence trimming and contextualizing,
there is no misplaced autosig, and your cursor starts at the top of the
message you are replying, which is fine. You start from that upper
part of the message and proceed to trim out everything to which you
aren't replying. Then you place your remarks in context to the sentence
or words to which you are directly replying and/or any other similarly
contextualized sentences.

Since native OE also doesn't trim the sig of the poster you are
replying, you still have to manually trim everything below your last
remark so that nothing is left. At the bottom of your post you add your
sig with a simple keypress combination or mouseclick from the toolbar or
menus for insert sig. That way you can also click-choose the sig of
your choice.

If you want to correct a number of deficiencies of OE, such as its
problem with badly formatting cite marks because of its dysfunctional
editor, its lack of sig trimming, and its failure to properly place an
autosig, you should use OE QuoteFix.

That application can also be configured to provide a number of other
conveniences and features found in other newsreaders not in OE.

--
Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:44:04 +0000, HELPMV wrote:

> Anyone know how I can get OE to not automatically top post with
> signatures? Be nice if I could have my signature at the bottom of the
> screen.
>

> HELPMV
> For Help and Support With Multivision Computers:

It would also be good if that was a *valid* sig. A valid sig uses a valid
sig *delimiter*, which is hyphen-hyphen-space all alone on a line.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

IOS IDS/IPS signatures rzirzi Cisco 2 09-11-2005 07:47 PM
IPS signatures for PIX? Cen Cisco 1 09-07-2005 02:11 PM
FF Signatures Dennis J. Tuchler Firefox 2 07-26-2005 12:18 AM
Newsgroup signatures Jim Firefox 2 05-23-2005 11:23 PM
Multiple email signatures? joseph white Firefox 5 12-13-2004 06:49 AM

Advertisments