Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Computers Freeze in Testing Center

Computers Freeze in Testing Center

SWE

In the past couple of weeks I took 70-215 and 70-210. During both exams, the computers were super slow to load the exam and proceed to the next question. Last night during my exam, the computer froze, got dll errors that wouldn't go away no matter how many times I closed them, and the machine had to be rebooted more than once.

Before I totally flip out on the testing center, would any other testers let me know if they're having similar experiences? The computers used at my testing center are old (and use TINY monitors) but I don't know if the issue is the computer or the downloading process for the exam.

Thoughts?

Samir Patel

Sounds like a problem at the testing centre.

Ask them if they're fixing the problem. If they're not,
consider reporting them to the testing company, because
it's not good for you and others taking exams to be
hindered by a crappy computer.

I'd recommend finding a new testing centre as well

Tron2003

You're testing to become a MCSE and you can't figure out why the computer is crashing? You just answered your own question.

If the computer is old and they have a small monitor than the testing company must be out only for the money. I never had any

problems with the testing center I use or have a computer crash on me. Not typing that it doesn't happen , but how many signs

do you need before you start figuring out something is shady.
"chris" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
this happened to me. It's the older, third-party testing centers with older equipment, they can't handle the new MS tests which require a Windows 2000 environment.

My suggestions is take the test directly at Prometric or Vue, not a third party testing authorized testing center.

If it's directly at Prometric or Vue then the equipment is new and the testing center is awesome !!

hth

"SWE" <none@none> wrote in message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
In the past couple of weeks I took 70-215 and 70-210. During both exams, the computers were super slow to load the exam and proceed to the next question. Last night during my exam, the computer froze, got dll errors that wouldn't go away no matter how many times I closed them, and the machine had to be rebooted more than once.

Before I totally flip out on the testing center, would any other testers let me know if they're having similar experiences? The computers used at my testing center are old (and use TINY monitors) but I don't know if the issue is the computer or the downloading process for the exam.

Thoughts?

S. O'Brien

try another testing center... and stop posting in HTML... I hate tiny
wording and it is also against Newsgroup posting regulations. Click on help
in your mail program if you dont know how to do this.

--
Sue MCNGP #69
http://www.mcngp.tk