Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help. My computer keeps freezing

Help. My computer keeps freezing

YT

My computer keeps freezing and crashing.
What do you think the problem is?
I do regular virus, spyware and adware scans.
Any freeware that I can scan my computer with
to avoid this. Its really quite irritating.
I'm on Windows XP, pentium 3.
Thx.

John Holmes

YT blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> My computer keeps freezing

Switch off the AC.

--
Your mother was a fascist prostitute who talked incessantly about teapots
in a secure compound.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
YT spewed forth:
> My computer keeps freezing and crashing.
> What do you think the problem is?
> I do regular virus, spyware and adware scans.
> Any freeware that I can scan my computer with
> to avoid this. Its really quite irritating.
> I'm on Windows XP, pentium 3.
> Thx.

Turn up the heater.

Or look in the event viewer to see what's happening when it freezes.

Or run hardware diagnostics.

Post back with details - what service pack of XP? Do you get any BSOD? Be
sure you've turned off that d*** automatically restart function.
(Right-click My Computer, select Properties, Advanced tab, Settings button
for Startup and Recovery. It's near the middle.)

--
Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.