Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > stopping messanger running

stopping messanger running

Andy

How do I stop messanger running everytime I use Outlook Express?. I
have disabled it in Admin tools/services, I have also unticked the
Auto logon in Outlook Express options, but every time I open Outlook
Express
MSMSGS.EXE opens. How do I put an end to this
Thankyou

John Holmes

Andy blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> How do I stop messanger running everytime I use Outlook Express?. I
> have disabled it in Admin tools/services, I have also unticked the
> Auto logon in Outlook Express options, but every time I open Outlook
> Express
> MSMSGS.EXE opens. How do I put an end to this
> Thankyou
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

Ever heard of Google, you ****ing lazy ****?
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,360,000 for disable msn. (0.26 seconds)
On the first ****ing link!!!
You can thank me or **** off and die now.

--
Your mother was an incapable aberration who got arrested performing lewd
acts on drugs.

Andy

"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andy blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> > How do I stop messanger running everytime I use Outlook Express?. I
> > have disabled it in Admin tools/services, I have also unticked the
> > Auto logon in Outlook Express options, but every time I open Outlook
> > Express
> > MSMSGS.EXE opens. How do I put an end to this
> > Thankyou
> >
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >

> Ever heard of Google, you ****ing lazy ****?
> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,360,000 for disable msn. (0.26 seconds)
> On the first ****ing link!!!
> You can thank me or **** off and die now.
>
> --
> Your mother was an incapable aberration who got arrested performing lewd
> acts on drugs.

If you had taken the time to read my message, you would see that I have
tried doing it the way sugested by those sites, but still cant stop it.

Toolman Tim

In news:qKuyf.134077$(E-Mail Removed) .uk,
Andy spewed forth:
> How do I stop messanger running everytime I use Outlook Express?. I
> have disabled it in Admin tools/services, I have also unticked the
> Auto logon in Outlook Express options, but every time I open Outlook
> Express
> MSMSGS.EXE opens. How do I put an end to this
> Thankyou
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

Do you *ever* use Messenger? If not, you can rename it. Go to program files,
Messenger folder, and right-click the file "msmsgs.exe" and select Rename.
Add .bak to the end, so it looks like this: msmsgs.exe.bak

Note: Messenger must NOT be running when you do that.

--
Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

fred-bloggs

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:qKuyf.134077$D47.98937
@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> How do I stop messanger running everytime I use Outlook Express?. I
> have disabled it in Admin tools/services, I have also unticked the
> Auto logon in Outlook Express options, but every time I open Outlook
> Express
> MSMSGS.EXE opens. How do I put an end to this
> Thankyou

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

- -
fred

John Holmes

Andy blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Andy blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>> > How do I stop messanger running everytime I use Outlook Express?. I
>> > have disabled it in Admin tools/services, I have also unticked the
>> > Auto logon in Outlook Express options, but every time I open

Outlook
>> > Express
>> > MSMSGS.EXE opens. How do I put an end to this
>> > Thankyou
>> >
>> > (E-Mail Removed)
>> >

>> Ever heard of Google, you ****ing lazy ****?
>> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,360,000 for disable msn. (0.26 seconds)
>> On the first ****ing link!!!
>> You can thank me or **** off and die now.
>>
>> --
>> Your mother was an incapable aberration who got arrested performing

lewd
>> acts on drugs.
>>

> If you had taken the time to read my message, you would see that I have
> tried doing it the way sugested by those sites, but still cant stop it.

Are you ****ing mental, for crying out loud? When you type "disable msn"
into google, on the first ****ing link is explained how to edit the
registry to prevent it from loading! I've read your message, but you've
been going the wrong way all along, you ****ing delusional ****.

Now, **** off and die.

--
Your mother was an appreciative airhead who earned a bad reputation in a
small tent.

Plato

http://www.computerlynx.net/remove_messenger.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089