Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best gaming computer on the planet a laptop?

Best gaming computer on the planet a laptop?

TrickyWoo@centralnet.org

I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and claims it's
the best gaming computer on the planet.
Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) spewed forth:
> I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
> He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and
> claims it's the best gaming computer on the planet.
> Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?

Alienware is the best he's gonna get. But whether it compares to a desktop?
Hmmm....PCI-Express video, 64 bit processors, dual drive RAID array, yeah,
it's good. <grin>

--
Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

FML

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
> He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and claims it's
> the best gaming computer on the planet.
> Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?

He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the planet".

Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine than any
of their laptops.

<http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>

or

http://tinyurl.com/8whj7

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
FML spewed forth:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
>> He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and
>> claims it's the best gaming computer on the planet.
>> Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?
>>

> He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the planet".
>
> Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine than any
> of their laptops.
>
> <http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8whj7

Agreed - I meant to say that <g>

Truth is though, that their top-end laptops are exceptional. Heck, add a
second CPU and a little more memory, and they'd match the servers I have at
work ;o)

--

Toolman Tim wrote:
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> FML spewed forth:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
>>> He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and
>>> claims it's the best gaming computer on the planet.
>>> Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?
>>>

>> He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the planet".
>>
>> Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine than any
>> of their laptops.
>>
>> <http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/8whj7

> Agreed - I meant to say that <g>
>
> Truth is though, that their top-end laptops are exceptional. Heck, add a
> second CPU and a little more memory, and they'd match the servers I have at
> work ;o)

They truly are exceptional. A good friend of mine has one. Two
drawbacks: It weighs over 10 lbs and gets horrible battery life (makes
sense with all the bells and whistles).

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
FML spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> FML spewed forth:
>>>>

>>> He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the
>>> planet". Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine
>>> than
>>> any of their laptops.
>>>
>>> <http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/8whj7

>> Agreed - I meant to say that <g>
>>
>> Truth is though, that their top-end laptops are exceptional. Heck,
>> add a second CPU and a little more memory, and they'd match the
>> servers I have at work ;o)
>>

> They truly are exceptional. A good friend of mine has one. Two
> drawbacks: It weighs over 10 lbs and gets horrible battery life (makes
> sense with all the bells and whistles).

Yeah - I'd bet! Not the kind of thing one would choose for a travelling exec
on the airlines every day. But for LAN parties? Hmmm...nice.