Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mouse Wheel Trouble

Mouse Wheel Trouble

Joe

I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to work
in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working. Any help?

Thanks
--
Joe

Toolman Tim

In news:hmdyf.20484$(E-Mail Removed),
Joe spewed forth:
> I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
> etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to
> work in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working.
> Any help?
> Thanks

What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web site for
that mouse and download the latest drivers. The "generic" drivers built-in
to Windows may not have all the functionability of the correct drivers.

--
Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

Joe

Toolman Tim wrote:
> In news:hmdyf.20484$(E-Mail Removed),
> Joe spewed forth:
>> I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
>> etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to
>> work in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working.
>> Any help?
>> Thanks

> What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web site for
> that mouse and download the latest drivers. The "generic" drivers built-in
> to Windows may not have all the functionability of the correct drivers.

I have an IBM mouse

Toolman Tim

In news:qzdyf.12642$(E-Mail Removed),
Joe spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>> In news:hmdyf.20484$(E-Mail Removed),
>> Joe spewed forth:
>>> I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs
>>> (Firefox, etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse,
>>> it used to work in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it
>>> isnt working. Any help?
>>> Thanks

>> What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web
>> site for that mouse and download the latest drivers. The "generic"
>> drivers built-in to Windows may not have all the functionability of
>> the correct drivers.

> I have an IBM mouse

This one?

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-43066

--
Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Joe wrote:

> but since I reinstalled Win XP

Why did you reinstall the OS?

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Joe

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>
>> but since I reinstalled Win XP

> Why did you reinstall the OS?

I wanted to clean my system.

Toolman Tim

In news:%Ahyf.21159$(E-Mail Removed),
Joe spewed forth:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Joe wrote:
>>
>>> but since I reinstalled Win XP

>> Why did you reinstall the OS?
>>

> I wanted to clean my system.

Wouldn't a good dose of Kaopectate do that? <grin>

--

Joe wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Joe wrote:
>>
>>> but since I reinstalled Win XP

>> Why did you reinstall the OS?

> I wanted to clean my system.

That is rarely necessary. Do you practice Safe Hex? Use modern, secure
browsers and email clients? Have a firewall - a good one?

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Plato

Joe wrote:

> I have Win Xp Pro SP2. My mouse wheel works in all programs (Firefox,
> etc.) but not in my computer games. With the same mouse, it used to work
> in the games, but since I reinstalled Win XP, it isnt working. Any help?

Prolly have to install the official, latest, updated, free, drivers.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

Toolman Tim wrote:

> What brand of mouse? You may need to go to the manufacturer's web site for

Went shopping for a half dozen mice for home the other month. Found this
black Logitech, two button plus wheel, ps/2 optical at newegg for I
believe 5 or 6 bucks each.