Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Media Center has no picture & no sound... please help

Media Center has no picture & no sound... please help

mlmonte

The Media Center program has a black screen and no sound but it can
download the local cable tv guide no problem and it shows the correct
info for whatever channel I change it to but all channels are the
same, black screen and no sound. The radio part of the program
displays the correct FM frequency but with no sound also. I currently
have one show that was recorded about a year ago and it plays fine.
I haven't tried to use the program for about maybe 6 months, so I
don't know how long this issue has been going on for.
The Media Center program displays no error messages.
Doing a system restore is pointless because it's been shut off.
I've tried a Google search with various keywords or phrases and no
luck with my problem. Mostly what comes up with a Google search is for
reinstalling the entire XP Media Center OS but that is not what I want
to do here. If I could reinstall the Media Center program by itself
with the recovery CD that would be great but I'm afraid to put the
recovery CD in thinking that it will automatically reinstall the OS,
henceforth wiping out my hard drive and starting from scratch.

HP Pavilion m300y
OS: XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 with SP2
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX5200

Thanks to all...