Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ASR Backups (without a floppy drive)

ASR Backups (without a floppy drive)

newsreader99

I've just bought a 250GB hard-drive with a USB connection, and successfully
backed up all my data using the Windows Backup programme. The backup wizard
then tried to send details about the hard-drive configuration to make a
recovery disk on a floppy disk. As my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive, I
had a blank CD ready, but the program merely terminated saying it failed to
make the recovery disk.Could anyone please tell me whether it is possible to
make an ASR recovery CD, as I guess this is needed to re-start a failed
computer, and then access the backup I've made. TIA.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
newsreader99 spewed forth:
> I've just bought a 250GB hard-drive with a USB connection, and
> successfully backed up all my data using the Windows Backup
> programme. The backup wizard then tried to send details about the
> hard-drive configuration to make a recovery disk on a floppy disk. As
> my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive, I had a blank CD ready, but
> the program merely terminated saying it failed to make the recovery
> disk.Could anyone please tell me whether it is possible to make an
> ASR recovery CD, as I guess this is needed to re-start a failed
> computer, and then access the backup I've made. TIA.

Buy yourselft a floppy drive.

--
Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

Doh! How do ya write a floppy disc image onto a floppy disc? Mr Undeniably Sluttish NZ Computing 6 12-29-2005 12:47 AM
Server 2003 ASR Jesus Alvarado !! MCSE 5 08-01-2005 04:12 PM
Blades, ASR's and Hot Swapping Rambo via WinServerKB.com MCSE 0 07-01-2005 03:20 PM
ASR Question Dave MCSE 1 12-17-2003 12:53 PM
BACKUPS, BACKUPS, & BACKUPS. Software Mania MCSE 10 11-11-2003 01:22 AM

Advertisments