Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scanning my emails for harmfull emails etc

lee.ingram

Can any one point me in the direction of a free service from Microsoft that
can scan my emails for harmful emails and let me know which ones are harmful
and disable them so to speak?

I have Outlook Express 6.

Thanks, Lee.

Gordon

lee.ingram scribbled this:

> Can any one point me in the direction of a free service from Microsoft
> that can scan my emails for harmful emails and let me know which ones are
> harmful and disable them so to speak?
>
> I have Outlook Express 6.
>
> Thanks, Lee.

Microsoft doesn't offer such a service. NTL might however - look on their
web site.
--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10

Jarhead

lee.ingram wrote:
> Can any one point me in the direction of a free service from Microsoft that
> can scan my emails for harmful emails and let me know which ones are harmful
> and disable them so to speak?
>
> I have Outlook Express 6.
>
> Thanks, Lee.

AVG by grisoft: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 and Avast:
virus scanners that will scan your mail for you.

--
Jarhead

Evan Platt

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:02:51 +0000, Gordon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Microsoft doesn't offer such a service. NTL might however - look on their
>web site.

Microsoft making a program that would alert you to a harmful program
on your computer.. hah.

Your computer would never get past the "Loading Windows" screen.

Plato

lee.ingram wrote:

> Can any one point me in the direction of a free service from Microsoft that
> can scan my emails for harmful emails and let me know which ones are harmful
> and disable them so to speak?

1. Set your email to read only text.
2. Dont download attachments you are not expecting.
3. Dont install viruses and trojans you get in emails.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/