Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem deleting a file (maybe a virus)

Problem deleting a file (maybe a virus)

D.L. Man

This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried to
shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system and
it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get rid
of it, if it is bad?
It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
They all keep replacing themselves.

Brando

"D.L. Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried to
> shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system and
> it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get rid
> of it, if it is bad?
> It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
> They all keep replacing themselves.

http://www.computing.net/windowsnt/w...rum/22271.html

Toolman Tim

"D.L. Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried to
> shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system and
> it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get rid
> of it, if it is bad?
> It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
> They all keep replacing themselves.

Leave it alone:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/wowexec/

Brando

news:3fSwf.110156$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

Better :- http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...w32.petch.html

;o)

Brando

"Brando" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:chSwf.110167$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

> "Brando" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fSwf.110156$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>>
>> "D.L. Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried
>>> shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system
>>> and
>>> it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get
>>> rid
>>> of it, if it is bad?
>>> It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll,
>>> wowfaxui.dll"
>>> They all keep replacing themselves.
>>>

>> http://www.computing.net/windowsnt/w...rum/22271.html
>>

> Better :- http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...w32.petch.html
>
> ;o)

Holy shiiiit!

http://www.testmyfirewall.com/dll-files/wowexec.html

Worse!

;o(

D.L. Man

"D.L. Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> This file called "wowexec.exe" showed up in my task manager and I tried to
> shut it down and it came back up. I tried to delete it from the system and
> it kept replacing itself. Does anybody no what it is and how I can get rid
> of it, if it is bad?
> It has some buddies too "wow32.dll, wowdeb.exe, wowfax.dll, wowfaxui.dll"
> They all keep replacing themselves.

Thanks guys. I thought it was weird since it was there all of a sudden and I
never seen it before. Then it would keep replacing itself when I deleted the
file during testing. But it did only show up after I tried a 16 bit file and
hasn't came back after a reboot. I just wanted to make sure though. So
thanks again for your help.

D.L. Man