Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SBS 2003 exchange question - Outlook problem

SBS 2003 exchange question - Outlook problem

dimon

Hi All!

I have this annoying problem on my new Small Business Server 2003
network...
Outlook keeps asking me for username and password to log into the
Echange. It would accept the information and the Outlook will work for
a little while then go off-line again and again ask for the Username
and Password. I don't get it... The User on the workstation is logged
in on the domain and thinking logically Outlook should not be asking
the same question about authentication if the machine is already
authenticated.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

greymaus@gmaildo.ttocom

On 9 Jan 2006 13:15:59 -0800, dimon wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I have this annoying problem on my new Small Business Server 2003
> network...
> Outlook keeps asking me for username and password to log into the
> Echange. It would accept the information and the Outlook will work for
> a little while then go off-line again and again ask for the Username
> and Password. I don't get it... The User on the workstation is logged
> in on the domain and thinking logically Outlook should not be asking
> the same question about authentication if the machine is already
> authenticated.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Thanks.

You've been cracked.

--
greymaus

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>,
> Hi All!
>
> I have this annoying problem on my new Small Business Server 2003
> network...
> Outlook keeps asking me for username and password to log into the
> Echange. It would accept the information and the Outlook will work for
> a little while then go off-line again and again ask for the Username
> and Password. I don't get it... The User on the workstation is logged
> in on the domain and thinking logically Outlook should not be asking
> the same question about authentication if the machine is already
> authenticated.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

If your computer is part of the domain, and you have your SBS Box
running DHCP and DNS and it's setup properly, your computer should point
to the SBS box for DNS and only the SBS box. If this is the case, then
your outlook should be able to authenticate against the SBS box without
any problem. Issues like you are seeing are often DHCP Scope Items and
DNS related.

Since the SBS Domain and the Exchange are integrated, and since your
workstation is part of the SBS domain, Outlook should not be asking for
your password once you click remember my password.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Outlook 2003 + Exchange 2003 Miguel Jamous Windows 64bit 3 07-04-2006 10:33 PM
Windows Server 2003 SBS POP3 problem Toolman Tim Computer Support 18 11-22-2005 05:48 PM
SBS & Exchange Sartan Dragonbane MCSE 1 05-20-2004 01:48 AM
Semi OT: What sort of limitations do SBS 2003 have over retail server and exchange? Sartan Dragonbane MCSE 4 05-11-2004 06:03 PM
SBS 2000 upgrade to SBS std or premium 2003 =?Utf-8?B?amlsbGJvYg==?= Microsoft Certification 1 04-19-2004 05:18 PM

Advertisments