Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Toolbar Problem

Toolbar Problem

WeeWilly

Geez, what happened..? My toolbar at the bottom of my window is now twice
as tall as it usually is. I tried to drag it down to normal height.. but is
either double height or disappears into the bottom of the screen? Was
alright until I played some music.. but doubt that had anything to do with
it. Tried rebooting but is still the same.

Windows XP

Guess I could try to go back and do a restore.. but, wonder if there is
likely anything else I can do.

Thanks for looking at this

Bill

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

WeeWilly wrote:

> Geez, what happened..? My toolbar at the bottom of my window is now
> twice as tall as it usually is. I tried to drag it down to normal
> height.. but is either double height or disappears into the bottom of
> the screen? Was alright until I played some music.. but doubt that
> had anything to do with it. Tried rebooting but is still the same.

Place the mouse at the top edge of the taskbar. It will turn into a
two-headed arrow. At that point, click, hold, and drag slowly downward.
Slowly. When it is back to a one-button thickness, release the mouse
button.

> Guess I could try to go back and do a restore..

That would be overkill ...

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

fred-bloggs

"WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...top_fixall.vbs

--
fred

WeeWilly

As you can see from my description.. this was the first thing I tried.. But
thank you very much for trying to help.

news:1ky6gvz9bupmk$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> WeeWilly wrote:
>
>> Geez, what happened..? My toolbar at the bottom of my window is now
>> twice as tall as it usually is. I tried to drag it down to normal
>> height.. but is either double height or disappears into the bottom of
>> the screen? Was alright until I played some music.. but doubt that
>> had anything to do with it. Tried rebooting but is still the same.

> Place the mouse at the top edge of the taskbar. It will turn into a
> two-headed arrow. At that point, click, hold, and drag slowly downward.
> Slowly. When it is back to a one-button thickness, release the mouse
> button.
>
>> Guess I could try to go back and do a restore..

> That would be overkill ...
>
> --
> -bts
> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Alan

WeeWilly wrote:
> As you can see from my description.. this was the first thing I tried.. But
> thank you very much for trying to help.
>

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1ky6gvz9bupmk$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>>WeeWilly wrote:
>>

>>>Geez, what happened..? My toolbar at the bottom of my window is now
>>>twice as tall as it usually is. I tried to drag it down to normal
>>>height.. but is either double height or disappears into the bottom of
>>>the screen? Was alright until I played some music.. but doubt that
>>>had anything to do with it. Tried rebooting but is still the same.

>>Place the mouse at the top edge of the taskbar. It will turn into a
>>two-headed arrow. At that point, click, hold, and drag slowly downward.
>>Slowly. When it is back to a one-button thickness, release the mouse
>>button.
>>

>>>Guess I could try to go back and do a restore..

>>That would be overkill ...
>>
>>--
>> -bts
>> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

When you right-mouse click on the task bar, un-check Lock toolbar then
resize it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

WeeWilly wrote:

> As you can see from my description.. this was the first thing I tried.. But
> thank you very much for trying to help.

I saw that and was why I emphasized "slowly". I have watched others do
this, and they move the mouse more than a wee bit and the top of the
taskbar goes to the border. When I say "slowly...", they figure it out.

Alan's suggestion to unlock, resize, and lock is a good one, too.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

mattcarp@gmail.com

and its wise to post a response once you've solved the problem too....
Looks like Alan should put you back on track