Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where is the registry in windows XP -WHEN OFFLINE-?

Where is the registry in windows XP -WHEN OFFLINE-?

dimon

Hi,

I often come across a situation when Windows is dead (not bootable any
more) but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be pulled from its
registry. How can I access that information? Where is the registry file
or is there a dedicated program that can access it offline?

Thanks.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

dimon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I often come across a situation when Windows is dead (not bootable any
> more) but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be pulled from its
> registry. How can I access that information? Where is the registry file
> or is there a dedicated program that can access it offline?

See if this article helps:
http://www.easydesksoftware.com/news/news20.htm