Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help with threads

help with threads

Lester Feldman

i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i get
that one message but not the responses of other people to that message.
can someone out there help me with this??

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Lester Feldman spewed forth:
> i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i
> get that one message but not the responses of other people to that
> message. can someone out there help me with this??

And your newsreader is...?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Toolman Tim wrote:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Lester Feldman spewed forth:
>> i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i
>> get that one message but not the responses of other people to that
>> message. can someone out there help me with this??

> And your newsreader is...?

Most likely:
Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0

I've used it, used Mozilla, used Thunderbird, and when I tell it to get
new messages, it gets all headers. So I don't know what Lester is doing
wrong.

Lester, you should upgrade. Netscape 7.0 is quite old now. Get the
latest Thunderbird.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Devries ten Drollendouwer

Beauregard T. Shagnasty <(E-Mail Removed)>, the indecent
canned-fruit who likes destructive log flogging with mountain goats, and
fat Butt Dart who likes rabid bone greasing with Siamese cats, drizzled:

/B/allsy
/E/unuch with
/A/rousing
/U/pright uncle and
/R/atty
/E/ye-of-the-ass yearns for
/G/rievous
/A/fro man for
/R/am jobs.
/D/ouble-jointed

/T/ransvestite with
/./

/S/atiny
/H/ollywood uterus would die for
/A/ffected
/G/ranite edifice for
/N/ut squeezing.
/A/ddled and
/S/ucculently
/T/actless
/Y/oung baggage.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> Lester Feldman spewed forth:
>>> i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i
>>> get that one message but not the responses of other people to that
>>> message. can someone out there help me with this??

>> And your newsreader is...?

> Most likely:
> Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
>
> I've used it, used Mozilla, used Thunderbird, and when I tell it to
> get new messages, it gets all headers. So I don't know what Lester is
> doing wrong.
>
> Lester, you should upgrade. Netscape 7.0 is quite old now. Get the
> latest Thunderbird.

Yeah - I know: read the headers <g>! But I wish people had the common sense
to post that kind of info, so I get a little snotty with them...

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lester Feldman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i get
> that one message but not the responses of other people to that message.
> can someone out there help me with this??

Maybe you just aren't aware that they can be opened?
Is there a small triangle or plus sign next to the first message?

Click that, and the replies may show up.

Evan Platt

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 03:58:18 GMT, Mitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Click that, and the replies may show up.

But umm.. how's he going to see replies?

Kinda like the old joke "We're doing a e-mail server upgrade. At 2:00,
close out of your e-mail program. I'll e-mail everyone when it's OK to
open it back up.

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Evan Platt

> But umm.. how's he going to see replies?
>
> Kinda like the old joke "We're doing a e-mail server upgrade. At 2:00,
> close out of your e-mail program. I'll e-mail everyone when it's OK to
> open it back up.

You're right -- I should have made a new subject line.

Mitch