Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard Drives ? Dell Precision 420

Hard Drives ? Dell Precision 420

peterpembroke@gmail.com

How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support

I also have one SCSI HD installed

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) spewed forth:
> How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
>
> I also have one SCSI HD installed

Dunno. Why don't you open the case and see how many IDE connectors it has?
Typically there are only two, and those can handle two devices, for a total
of 4 IDE drives. Your optical drives could be on the IDE, or they might be
on the SCSI interface.

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
> I also have one SCSI HD installed

Typically, most pcs support 4 IDE devices. But, there are excpeptions.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Todd H.

(E-Mail Removed) writes:
> How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
>
> I also have one SCSI HD installed

Go to the dell website. Enter yer service tag number and find out
your system specs.

And if you can't find it quickly, ping their online support option.
That's a simple enough question that the personnel who man their
online support would be able to answer pretty efficiently. And I've
never had to wait too long to talk to one of them via the online chat
option.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Todd H. spewed forth:
> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>> How many IDE decvices can a Dell Precision 420 Workstation Support
>>
>> I also have one SCSI HD installed

> Go to the dell website. Enter yer service tag number and find out
> your system specs.
>
> And if you can't find it quickly, ping their online support option.
> That's a simple enough question that the personnel who man their
> online support would be able to answer pretty efficiently. And I've
> never had to wait too long to talk to one of them via the online chat
> option.

You bet - I love those online chats instead of phone calls. The damn accent
doesn't get in the way of understanding what they say <g>

--
Pursuant to Public Law No 109-162 I hereby certify that it is not my
intent in any way to irritate, frustrate, bother, provoke, gall,