Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to do a System REstore in W2K Pro??

How to do a System REstore in W2K Pro??

Shneor

Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro system.
I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me to
documentation with specific directions?

Many TIA.

Shneor

Stephen Dempsey-Capps

Shneor, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the knuckle-dragging, snow-blinded great ape,
and birds nest seller, expelled:

> Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
> system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
> to documentation with specific directions?

Yeah. Google it, you lazy prick.

> Many TIA.

GFIA

> Shneor

****!

Shneor

Stephen Dempsey-Capps wrote:

> Shneor, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the knuckle-dragging, snow-blinded great ape,
> and birds nest seller, expelled:
>

>>Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
>>system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
>>to documentation with specific directions?

> Yeah. Google it, you lazy prick.
>

>>Many TIA.

> GFIA
>

>>Shneor

> ****!

Tried that, but nothing came up for W2K. Only for XP.
Shneor

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Shneor spewed forth:
> Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
> system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
> to documentation with specific directions?
>
> Many TIA.
>
> Shneor

Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a W2K
setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your data and
made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?

Shneor

Toolman Tim wrote:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Shneor spewed forth:
>
>>Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
>>system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
>>to documentation with specific directions?
>>
>>Many TIA.
>>
>>Shneor

> Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a W2K
> setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your data and
> made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?

"System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically
keeps a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of
Windows, according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found
specific directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but
not for W2K.

Shneor

Tim Stuart

Shneor, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the ingrowing, leery plonker, and contractor
of labourers at cheap rate of pay, whispered:

> Stephen Dempsey-Capps wrote:
>
>> Shneor, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the knuckle-dragging, snow-blinded
>> great ape, and birds nest seller, expelled:
>>

>>> Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
>>> system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point
>>> me to documentation with specific directions?

>> Yeah. Google it, you lazy prick.
>>

>>> Many TIA.

>> GFIA
>>

>>> Shneor

>> ****!
>>

> Tried that,

Yeah? Don't use w2k as a search criteria.

> but nothing came up for W2K. Only for XP.
> Shneor

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Shneor spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> Shneor spewed forth:
>>
>>> Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
>>> system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point
>>> me to documentation with specific directions?
>>>
>>> Many TIA.
>>>
>>> Shneor

>> Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a
>> W2K setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your
>> data and made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?
>>

> "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically
> keeps a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of
> Windows, according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found
> specific directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP,
> but not for W2K.

That's because there *is* no System Restore in W2K, only ME and XP (home and
Pro). So if you want to do a "system restore" you have to erase your hard
drive and reinstall the system. Or you fix the problem you are having
instead. Or live with it. That's your three choices.

Santa

"Shneor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> Shneor spewed forth:
>>
>>>Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
>>>system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
>>>to documentation with specific directions?
>>>
>>>Many TIA.
>>>
>>>Shneor

>> Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a W2K
>> setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your data and
>> made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?
>>

> "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically keeps
> a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of Windows,
> according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found specific
> directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but not for
> W2K.
>
> Shneor

Thats because Windows 2000 doesn't have System Restore

Dan Evans

"Shneor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically keeps
> a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of Windows,
> according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found specific
> directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but not for
> W2K.

Which "literature"? System Restore came in with ME.

Dan

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Shneor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically
> keeps a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of
> Windows, according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found
> specific directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but
> not for W2K.

That's because Win2K doesn't have System Restore.

A very inferior version rolled into ME, and a decent version was
rolled into XP.

RwP