Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: V70 wheel lock nuts

Re: V70 wheel lock nuts

John H. Guillory

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:01:45 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I had a problem with my locking nuts so I have taken them off.
>>>
>>> Is the car safe without the lock nuts, also do all V70 have the same
>>> wheel
>>> nuts as I don't think I will not be replacing the locking nuts.

^-----That line implies he wants to run the car without any
lug-nuts where the locking lug-nuts where....

>No - you're deat right. The engineers know what they are doing. Five studs,
>five nuts. But I think the OP was inferring he wants to remove the locking
>nuts and put standard nuts on. That would be okay, except as you say, it
>makes it that much easier to steal the wheels.
>
>I have a very cute little new car - gold metallic finish, all trim is chrome
>except the wheels. I have cheapy plastic wheel covers over the stock steel
>wheels. In the neighborhood I live, classy chrome wheels don't last long
><g>! I think I'll probably pick up some nicer chrome plated wheel covers,
>but certainly not expensive ones.

As to why people spend so much money on "Looks" of a car, its beyond
me.... I can justify spending extra money on usefullness, but.... Even
with hookers, I wouldn't pay an extra $200 just because she was better
looking.... I mean get real, she functions the same as any other
hooker.....

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
John H. Guillory spewed forth:

> ^-----That line implies he wants to run the car without any
> lug-nuts where the locking lug-nuts where....
>
>> No - you're deat right. The engineers know what they are doing. Five
>> studs, five nuts. But I think the OP was inferring he wants to
>> remove the locking nuts and put standard nuts on. That would be
>> okay, except as you say, it makes it that much easier to steal the
>> wheels.
>>
>> I have a very cute little new car - gold metallic finish, all trim
>> is chrome except the wheels. I have cheapy plastic wheel covers over
>> the stock steel wheels. In the neighborhood I live, classy chrome
>> wheels don't last long <g>! I think I'll probably pick up some nicer
>> chrome plated wheel covers, but certainly not expensive ones.

> As to why people spend so much money on "Looks" of a car, its beyond
> me.... I can justify spending extra money on usefullness, but.... Even
> with hookers, I wouldn't pay an extra $200 just because she was better
> looking.... I mean get real, she functions the same as any other
> hooker.....

Personal tastes. I'd spend more on a blonde with big t*** than a skinny
brunette <g>. Same with my car - just personal tastes.

Examkiller RSA 050-V70-CSEDLPS jsj183 Software 0 10-12-2009 05:02 AM
Volvo V70 A/C caroline Computer Support 6 06-19-2007 06:10 AM
A/C V70 caroline Computer Support 2 04-02-2007 10:09 AM
region fix for samsung V70? anthony DVD Video 2 02-11-2006 05:50 AM
Samsung DIGIMAX V700 or V70 nospam Digital Photography 0 06-30-2005 03:01 PM

Advertisments