Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > video, network nor working after reinstall

video, network nor working after reinstall

L.D.

I just formated and reinstalled windows 98se. Before I did this I could
get 16 bit on the monitor and the d-link network card worked. now I can
only get 16 colors and a 480X640 screen and I can't get the network
adapter to take the drivers. I downloaded new drivers for my video card
but it says windows can't open without direct x. I down loaded direct x
on another computer and put on a disk but windows can't open it on the
98 computer. In device manager it says all is good.
I downloaded new drivers for the network card and when I try to install
the drivers I get message install failed.
Any help?
L.D.

PC

"L.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just formated and reinstalled windows 98se. Before I did this I could get
>16 bit on the monitor and the d-link network card worked. now I can only
>get 16 colors and a 480X640 screen and I can't get the network adapter to
>take the drivers. I downloaded new drivers for my video card but it says
>windows can't open without direct x. I down loaded direct x on another
>computer and put on a disk but windows can't open it on the 98 computer. In
>device manager it says all is good.
> I downloaded new drivers for the network card and when I try to install
> the drivers I get message install failed.
> Any help?
> L.D.

LD

You would appear to have the wrong drivers.
Note you may also need the motherboard chipset drivers installed before the
other drivers work properly.
Open your case and note what your Motherboard, Video & Network are.
Then go to WWW.Driverguide.com and search for the Windows 98 drivers.(free
registration)

Paul.