Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > selecting attachments

selecting attachments

bb

I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send in an
email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I highlight all of
them to send at once? I saved to documents and tried using ctrl/alt/click.
But it just will choose one at a time.
Thanks.
bob

Gordon

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:04:23 +0000, bb wrote:

> I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send in an
> email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I highlight all of
> them to send at once? I saved to documents and tried using ctrl/alt/click.
> But it just will choose one at a time.
> Thanks.
> bob

Zip them into a Zip file.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10

Mike Easter

bb wrote:
> I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send
> in an email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I
> highlight all of them to send at once? I saved to documents and
> tried using ctrl/alt/click. But it just will choose one at a time.

Any time you are selecting anything in win and other file managers you
can shift-click to 'collect' sequential or contiguous items en masse, or
control-click one-at-a-time to select non-contiguous ones into a
selected group for a single attaching operation.

Or shift-click to select a big bunch of them and then control-click to
deselect specified one/s of those.

If you have sticky keys operational, you have to 'work with' that.

--
Mike Easter

Quinch

bb wrote:
> I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send in an
> email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I highlight all of
> them to send at once? I saved to documents and tried using ctrl/alt/click.
> But it just will choose one at a time.

CTRL-ALT? Try just CRTL-click {or just hover the mouse over it,
depending on your settings}.

Regards,

Quinch

Toolman Tim

In news:43bd5ac2$0$72482$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net,
Mike Easter spewed forth:
> bb wrote:
>> I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send
>> in an email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I
>> highlight all of them to send at once? I saved to documents and
>> tried using ctrl/alt/click. But it just will choose one at a time.

> Any time you are selecting anything in win and other file managers you
> can shift-click to 'collect' sequential or contiguous items en masse,
> or control-click one-at-a-time to select non-contiguous ones into a
> selected group for a single attaching operation.
>
> Or shift-click to select a big bunch of them and then control-click to
> deselect specified one/s of those.

Yeah - one of the long time standard functions of Windows. It's amazing how
many people never learn some of the best tips. Like yesterday - I was
helping a guy with his CAD program. He had two files open. He didn't know
how to ctrl-tab between them. Everytime he wanted to switch between them, he
went to the file/open menu and reopened the file.

Donald

You could high light all the files an right click send to mail recipient
"bb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rkcvf.3423$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send in an
>email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I highlight all of
>them to send at once? I saved to documents and tried using ctrl/alt/click.
>But it just will choose one at a time.
> Thanks.
> bob

Mike Easter

Toolman Tim wrote:
> Mike Easter

>> Or shift-click to select a big bunch of them and then control-click
>> to deselect specified one/s of those.

> He didn't know how to ctrl-tab between them.

I think somewhere along the way a 'tipping point' develops - in which
the user, regardless of which operating system background s/he came
from, who needs to do some task and 'reflects' on similar tasks
performed before in another app or even another operating system or file
manager [or another galaxy far far away] and thinks 'there ought to be
some shortcut for this' -- and checks and finds that the well designed
program or interface has one.

Sometimes the shortcut is so 'logical' that the user can guess at it
intuitively. Or determine/find 'undocumented' keyboard shortcuts.

Of course, then you get into the concepts of the 'mousers' vs the
'keyboarders' and keyboard/mouse ergonomics.

--
Mike Easter

bb

Right. Exactly what I was trying to do, but couldn't figure out to
highlight more than one at a time. Thanks for your help.

"Donald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You could high light all the files an right click send to mail recipient
> "bb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rkcvf.3423$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>>I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send in
>>an email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I highlight all
>>of them to send at once? I saved to documents and tried using
>>ctrl/alt/click. But it just will choose one at a time.
>> Thanks.
>> bob

bb

Thanks to all who responded.

"Quinch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dpjqme$4nl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> bb wrote:
>> I have saved several attachments and would like to click them to send in
>> an email. I can click and get one at a time, but how can I highlight all
>> of them to send at once? I saved to documents and tried using
>> ctrl/alt/click. But it just will choose one at a time.

> CTRL-ALT? Try just CRTL-click {or just hover the mouse over it, depending
> on your settings}.
>
> Regards,
>
> Quinch

Toolman Tim

In news:43bd7c9a$0$17106$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net,
Mike Easter spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>> Mike Easter

>>> Or shift-click to select a big bunch of them and then control-click
>>> to deselect specified one/s of those.

>> He didn't know how to ctrl-tab between them.

> I think somewhere along the way a 'tipping point' develops - in which
> the user, regardless of which operating system background s/he came
> from, who needs to do some task and 'reflects' on similar tasks
> performed before in another app or even another operating system or
> file manager [or another galaxy far far away] and thinks 'there ought
> to be some shortcut for this' -- and checks and finds that the well
> designed program or interface has one.

True. I'm one of those who even looks into command line options for programs
<g>

> Sometimes the shortcut is so 'logical' that the user can guess at it
> intuitively. Or determine/find 'undocumented' keyboard shortcuts.
>
> Of course, then you get into the concepts of the 'mousers' vs the
> 'keyboarders' and keyboard/mouse ergonomics.

Concur. I am much more likely to stay on the keyboard as much as possible,
since I was doing computers before Apple made the first mouse. And typing
before that. So I'm quite comfortable on the keys. But RMIs can occur from
either the keyboard or the mouse, especially if ergonomics aren't
considered. (The other thing, of course, is frequent breaks, good posture,
stretches, etc. to keep flexible.) I find that if I am on my mouse
intensively for hours (CAD, photo editing, etc.) then my wrist does suffer
unless I take proper precautions. Typing however is less of an issue for me.