Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Irritating noise

Irritating noise

PAUL YOUNG

My computer is making a noise that is driving me up the wall. This noise
lasts for about one second and occurs roughly every ten seconds. When the
noise occurs the orange light comes on as if something is trying to load. I
really would appreciate it if someone solve this problem for me.
Many thanks
Paul

Evan Platt

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:02:51 GMT, "PAUL YOUNG" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My computer is making a noise that is driving me up the wall. This noise
>lasts for about one second and occurs roughly every ten seconds. When the
>noise occurs the orange light comes on as if something is trying to load. I
>really would appreciate it if someone solve this problem for me.

What type of noise?

What orange light?

What kind of computer?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

PAUL YOUNG wrote:
> My computer is making a noise that is driving me up the wall. This noise
> lasts for about one second and occurs roughly every ten seconds. When the
> noise occurs the orange light comes on as if something is trying to load. I
> really would appreciate it if someone solve this problem for me.
> Many thanks
> Paul

Do you play bananalotto?
I have noticed sometimes that background sounds play when I go to their
site, yesterday it stopped when I closed the pages, other times I have
to kill mozilla via task manager to stop it.

Toolman Tim

In news:vyavf.10876$(E-Mail Removed),
PAUL YOUNG spewed forth:
> My computer is making a noise that is driving me up the wall. This
> noise lasts for about one second and occurs roughly every ten
> seconds. When the noise occurs the orange light comes on as if
> something is trying to load. I really would appreciate it if someone
> solve this problem for me. Many thanks
> Paul

Is it your floppy drive light?

What operating system? Do you have any Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
programs installed? If so, what version?