Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Monitor problem

Monitor problem

me aul triangle

Happy New Year everybody first of all. I have been experiencing a problem
with my monitor recently. When I boot up, I get these sparkly lines all over
my screen and I can't get anything close to clarity for four or five hours.
My monitor is CTX 5701A and is about a year and a half old. It is a real
nuisance because I am a photographer and I need a sharp screen. So, two
questions. Has anybody experienced this and fixed it or can anybody give me
a UK phone number for CTX (I can't find one on-line).

thanks

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

me aul triangle wrote:
> Happy New Year everybody first of all. I have been experiencing a problem
> with my monitor recently. When I boot up, I get these sparkly lines all over
> my screen and I can't get anything close to clarity for four or five hours.
> My monitor is CTX 5701A and is about a year and a half old. It is a real
> nuisance because I am a photographer and I need a sharp screen. So, two
> questions. Has anybody experienced this and fixed it or can anybody give me
> a UK phone number for CTX (I can't find one on-line).
>

> thanks

Buy a new monitor, they are cheap as chips these days.

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

me aul triangle wrote:
> Happy New Year everybody first of all. I have been experiencing a problem
> with my monitor recently. When I boot up, I get these sparkly lines all over
> my screen and I can't get anything close to clarity for four or five hours.
> My monitor is CTX 5701A and is about a year and a half old. It is a real
> nuisance because I am a photographer and I need a sharp screen. So, two
> questions. Has anybody experienced this and fixed it or can anybody give me
> a UK phone number for CTX (I can't find one on-line).
>

> thanks

I think you will find it is an CTX S701A, perhaps?

CTX Europe Ltd
7 Woodshots Meadow
The Croxley Centre
Watford, Herts.
WD18 8QE
United Kingdom

Tel. + 44 (0) 1923 810800
Fax. + 44 (0) 1923 816030

HTH
Sue

me aul triangle

"Palindr?me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> me aul triangle wrote:
>> Happy New Year everybody first of all. I have been experiencing a problem
>> with my monitor recently. When I boot up, I get these sparkly lines all
>> over my screen and I can't get anything close to clarity for four or five
>> hours. My monitor is CTX 5701A and is about a year and a half old. It is
>> a real nuisance because I am a photographer and I need a sharp screen.
>> So, two questions. Has anybody experienced this and fixed it or can
>> anybody give me a UK phone number for CTX (I can't find one on-line).
>>

>> thanks

> I think you will find it is an CTX S701A, perhaps?
>
> CTX Europe Ltd
> 7 Woodshots Meadow
> The Croxley Centre
> Watford, Herts.
> WD18 8QE
> United Kingdom
>
> Tel. + 44 (0) 1923 810800
> Fax. + 44 (0) 1923 816030
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> HTH
> Sue

Thanks very much guys. I don't need to fork out 150+ on a new monitor Brian
as I phoned the number Palin gave me and I am getting a replacement monitor
on Monday. There was a three year guarantee with my model So, thanks again