Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Peoplepc Scumbags

Peoplepc Scumbags

jam jam is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E-Mail Removed) View Post
I recently made the mistake of installing the PeoplePC software on my
system. I was just trying to make a determination if they were right
for my as my new ISP. ***BIG MISTAKE***! These "people" load you up
with toolbars, a homepage hijacker, and who knows what else. This is
done without ever subscribing to their service, with *NO* agreement,
and without your knowledge!

After uninstalling everything that even hints that it is PeoplePC's
malware, I still have their homepage hijacker. I've used Hijack This!
to remove their BHO, but like Dracula, it keeps rising from it's grave.
I've installed anti-hijacking programs, but no matter what, once it
refuses PeoplePC's hijack, it pops right back. (Blah... blah! I vant
to suck your browser...)

I'm at wit's end, I haven't been able to find any help in this
particular problem on the web or on the usenet.

Please, anybody, help!

P.S. AVOID PEOPLEPC AT ALL COSTS!
2011, A DIFFERENT STORY:
Reading suchlike information on the internet produced no shortage of mental anguish and anxiety...
Consequently, I dreaded disengaging from PeoplePC in order to get a high-speed ISP.
BUT my experience was positive. Although uninstalling their internet security pack got
hung up, the problem was resolved nicely by a level three technician there. Additionally
he performed other helpful services for me; I was favorably impressed.

jam jam is offline
Junior Member