Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DocumentViewer Error

DocumentViewer Error

anon

I continue to get an error message as follows:

The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the
installation package "DocumentViewer.msi" in the box below

Use Source:
c:\hp\tmp\src\CDB\setup\DocumentViewer\

Can anyone help me out?

anon

I do not have DocumentViewer.msi on my computer....... That seems to be
part of my problem. By the way, what is DocumentViewer?

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zm8uf.21736$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>I continue to get an error message as follows:
>>
>> The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
>> unavailable.
>>
>> Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing
>> the installation package "DocumentViewer.msi" in the box below
>>
>> Use Source:
>> c:\hp\tmp\src\CDB\setup\DocumentViewer\
>>
>> Can anyone help me out?
>>

> Yes, of course I can. Have you got DocumentViewer.msi on your computer ?.
> Go to Start\Search and see. If you find it, dbl\click on it, and install
> DocumentViewer.
> bw..OJ

old jon

>I do not have DocumentViewer.msi on my computer....... That seems to be
>part of my problem. By the way, what is DocumentViewer?
>

> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zm8uf.21736$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>I continue to get an error message as follows:

Back again anon. Go to this site and read and check:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=oj-30606-1
best wishes..OJ

anon

But I do not have an HP All-In-One devices??

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2j9uf.64588$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>I do not have DocumentViewer.msi on my computer....... That seems to be
>>part of my problem. By the way, what is DocumentViewer?
>>

>> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:zm8uf.21736$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>

> Back again anon. Go to this site and read and check:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=oj-30606-1
> best wishes..OJ

old jon

> But I do not have an HP All-In-One devices??
>

> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2j9uf.64588$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>I do not have DocumentViewer.msi on my computer....... That seems to be
>>>part of my problem. By the way, what is DocumentViewer?
>>>

>>> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:zm8uf.21736$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Back again anon. Go to this site and read and check:
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=oj-30606-1
>> best wishes..OJ

OK. When do you get the msg `continue to get an error message as follows` ?.
What exactly are you trying to do ?.
bw..OJ

anon

Not trying to do anything, the message appears arbitrarily.

Sorry to be so sketchy

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IOeuf.29670$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> But I do not have an HP All-In-One devices??
>>

>> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:2j9uf.64588$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>> Back again anon. Go to this site and read and check:
>>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=oj-30606-1
>>> best wishes..OJ
>>>

> OK. When do you get the msg `continue to get an error message as follows`
> ?.
> What exactly are you trying to do ?.
> bw..OJ

Trax

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I continue to get an error message as follows:
|>
|>The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
|>unavailable.
|>
|>Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the
|>installation package "DocumentViewer.msi" in the box below
|>
|>Use Source:
|>c:\hp\tmp\src\CDB\setup\DocumentViewer\
|>
|>Can anyone help me out?

download and run Process Explorer
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html

Don't press OK when you get the error, view PE, look for the process
that's responsible for the alert.

Double click on the process(s), reading it's image and command line
will tell you what it is, and where to find the program

--
Time Wasting Sites on the Net
http://freebies.about.com/od/710/tp/timewasting.htm