Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > sysprep 2.0

sysprep 2.0

Scmoozie

I need a little help with something that will probably be fairly easy
for someone out there. I have used Sysprep 1.1 with 2k many times with
no problem.

I am now using it with XP PRO and it reset the drive letters each time
it is run. How do i get it to stop this?!

Laura A. Robinson

circa Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:26:40 -0400, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Scmoozie ((E-Mail Removed))
said,
> I need a little help with something that will probably be fairly easy
> for someone out there. I have used Sysprep 1.1 with 2k many times with
> no problem.
>

> I am now using it with XP PRO and it reset the drive letters each time
> it is run. How do i get it to stop this?!

What do you mean when you say that it is "resetting" drive letters?
Could you provide specifics regarding partitions and devices, please.
My guess off the top of my head would be that you created a second
partition on the source machine after completing install and that
your D drive was your CD while your E drive was the new partition (or
something similar). I'd also guess that when you re-image the
machine, the letters get reversed. However, that's all just
speculation as you've not provided specifics.

Laura

OT Sysprep problems Vincent Lape MCSE 1 10-01-2005 05:18 AM
Dell says no & Acronis says maybe sysprep utility ( Re: Anyone use Acronis Drive Image 7.0? Bobby Fischler Computer Support 0 07-24-2004 12:12 AM
Windows 2000 Sysprep Problem James Waite MCSE 4 02-19-2004 04:29 AM
SYSPREP and Ghost Question Techie MCSE 7 01-09-2004 06:51 PM
Windows XP + Sysprep -=Chris=- Computer Support 2 06-24-2003 01:22 AM

Advertisments