Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Two monitors, can't move window to secondary

Two monitors, can't move window to secondary

Ted

Hello

I installed a four port video capture card to monitor surveillance
cameras. I have two monitors on a dual monitor ATI card under XP, The basic
software for the video card works fine, but I need to move it to the
secondary monitor. Since I can't down size it I can't drag it to the second
monitor. Is there another way. I would prefer it to open on the second
monitor.

Thanks

Paul_B

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:51:45 GMT, Ted wrote:

> Hello
>
> I installed a four port video capture card to monitor surveillance
> cameras. I have two monitors on a dual monitor ATI card under XP, The basic
> software for the video card works fine, but I need to move it to the
> secondary monitor. Since I can't down size it I can't drag it to the second
> monitor. Is there another way. I would prefer it to open on the second
> monitor.
>
> Thanks

Your ATI card's desktop management software might allow for
speccing where that program displays. Other than that, contact
the application's maker.

Paul

kenny

you can try the following 2 programs, that can do what you want
and have many other nice features

Ultramon
www.ultramon.com shareware

Multi Monitor Taskbar
http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm Freeware

Both these programs add a fourth button on the title bar of the window
so you can push that and it will be sent to the other monitor

Kenny www.computerboom.net

"Ted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BO_tf.8195$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hello
>
> I installed a four port video capture card to monitor surveillance
> cameras. I have two monitors on a dual monitor ATI card under XP, The
> basic software for the video card works fine, but I need to move it to
> the secondary monitor. Since I can't down size it I can't drag it to the
> second monitor. Is there another way. I would prefer it to open on the
> second monitor.
>
> Thanks

Mitch

In article <BO_tf.8195$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ted
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I installed a four port video capture card to monitor surveillance
> cameras. I have two monitors on a dual monitor ATI card under XP, The basic
> software for the video card works fine, but I need to move it to the
> secondary monitor. Since I can't down size it I can't drag it to the second
> monitor. Is there another way. I would prefer it to open on the second
> monitor.

You may not have the ability to move the window from where it is, but
you MIGHT be able to open a new window which also displays one of those
sources. If it's really a video capture card, it must list each source
in the OS, right?
I don't have any software to suggest.

Ted

Paul_B
The ATI card software offered nothing to assign certain programs.
Kenny
Both programs failed to apply the little move icons on my target capture
software. Seems to work on everything else I am running.
Mitch
If I understand correctly I would loss all the settings for record. and
motion activation which I need.
While the board works well the freeware was written in UK and I have not
receive any response form them. I will most likely have to buy something. Or
I may take an old computer/monitor and dedicate it.
Thanks