Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USENET info.

USENET info.

occe is god

Where are the USENET groups hosted? Like the alt.* group, does it even
have a central location? Is it monitored?

Bert Hyman

In news:2006010115560450073%none@nonebutt occe is god <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Where are the USENET groups hosted? Like the alt.* group, does it
> even have a central location? Is it monitored?

Head over to newsgroup "news.newusers.questions" and look for the
periodic posting titled "[TIP] What newsgroups are and how they work".

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

kenny

there are many newservers. most ISPs has one for their users. You are
probably using the newserver of your ISP
EARTHLINK

you or someone else configured your news client program UNISON (MAC)
to use that news server.

News servers are computer that syncronizes the posts and then people can
download from them

A free one you can try is msnews.microsoft.com

this has all the microsoft newsgroups on it

"occe is god" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Where are the USENET groups hosted? Like the alt.* group, does it even
> have a central location? Is it monitored?

elaich

occe is god <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Where are the USENET groups hosted? Like the alt.* group, does it even
> have a central location? Is it monitored?

USENET is a decentralized netwok, not unlike Kazaa, except that it is
propagated between news servers (nodes), rather than individual users.

elaich

occe is god <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Where are the USENET groups hosted? Like the alt.* group, does it even
> have a central location? Is it monitored?

USENET is a decentralized network, not unlike Kazaa, except that it is
propagated between news servers (nodes), rather than individual users.

Re: Usenet abuse (addressed to Usenet admins) Mike Easter Computer Support 5 01-18-2010 09:18 AM
Re: Usenet abuse (addressed to Usenet admins) Tony Computer Support 0 01-17-2010 06:05 PM
Thunderbird .. usenet .. elyob Firefox 1 05-11-2005 06:07 AM
Thunderbird Usenet Question: How can I set the Distribution header on my posted message ? Al Dykes Firefox 2 01-12-2005 08:37 PM
OT: Google's 20 Year Usenet Timeline =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= MCSE 4 08-27-2003 09:48 PM

Advertisments