Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Large File Transfer

Large File Transfer

wajoum@gmail.com

Hi,

Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
than allowed size of attachments) ?

Thanks,

Evan Platt

On 1 Jan 2006 07:43:15 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
>than allowed size of attachments) ?

Ummm.. what 'allowed size of attachment'? e-mail?

Use a ftp site.

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com

> Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB
> (larger than allowed size of attachments) ?

I'm just guessing you're talking about sending a file to someone via
email; you might want to elaborate on what you're trying to do in order
to get a better answer.

Depending on the speed of your Internet connection and that of your
intended recipient, it might be faster to burn a CD and send it by
conventional mail

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi,

G'day.

> Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB
> (larger than allowed size of attachments) ?

Gmail has a limit of 10MB on email attachments. Your recipient also
probably has a size limit, and some ISPs are even smaller than 10. As I
recall, the free Hotmail users are limited to 2MB. Consider also that
with the encoding necessary for attaching, a true 10 megabyte file will
become about 13 megabytes of "text" characters.

Place the file on a web site somewhere, using FTP to upload it. Then
send the recipient a link to it. Does your ISP give you free web space?

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Your name

> Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
> than allowed size of attachments) ?

Easy.

yousendit.com -- use it all the time, pretty reliable. You send, the
recipient is notified, then they pick up when convenient.

Hamachi -- mediated peer to peer, creates a virtual LAN "pipe" between 2 or
more PCs through which you can use an FTP server or just use UltraVNC on
one machine and the file transfer capability. Hamachi.cc

Deano

Your name wrote:
>> Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB
>> (larger than allowed size of attachments) ?

> Hamachi -- mediated peer to peer, creates a virtual LAN "pipe"
> between 2 or more PCs through which you can use an FTP server or just
> use UltraVNC on one machine and the file transfer capability.
> Hamachi.cc

I was just about to post that one. Anyone here using it? I might start
testing it next week.

JANA

Most of the email services have a file size limit. There are software's, and
also with some email programs where attachment files can be split up. The
person on the receiving end will have to have the compatible software to
combine the files back together again. This opens the possibility of having
damaged files.

There are also some ftp type services that allow you to upload large files
to an ftp server. You then just have to pass the link and any necessary
passwords on to the receiver to visit the site and download the file. Some
of these services charge fees, and a few of them are free.

What I do, is burn a CD disk, and put it in the mail to whoever I want to
send the files to. This way, they also get a hard copy, and don't use a lot
of bandwidth. In some areas, the users have limited bandwidth for internet
usage, and the net is expensive to use.

--

JANA
_____

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
Hi,

Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
than allowed size of attachments) ?

Thanks,

Shepİ

On 1 Jan 2006 07:43:15 -0800 If you fall from a tree,leave your anger
on the branch and then "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> sent
this :

>Hi,
>
>Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
>than allowed size of attachments) ?
>
>Thanks,

most email clients allow you auto-splite the files.See the help files
for your email program.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
> than allowed size of attachments) ?

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/238.htm#2

DTDoyle

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please can some1 tell me how to transfer files larger than 10MB (larger
> than allowed size of attachments) ?
>
> Thanks,

yousendit.com Files up to 1Gig,...AND,...its free