Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player

Joe

Could you tell me how to play MPEG 4 (.m4a) files in Windows Media
Player 9? Thanks.
By the way, I am running Windows Xp Pro (SP2)

wajoum@gmail.com

Window Media Player 9 is not working anymore, download the 10th version

Tony B

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:19:40 +0000, Joe wrote:

> Could you tell me how to play MPEG 4 (.m4a) files in Windows Media Player
> 9? Thanks.
> By the way, I am running Windows Xp Pro (SP2)

Try renaming the file extension from .m4a to .mp4 - m4a is Apples version
of mp4 and it is usually just an mp3 in an mp4 container.

Unk

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:19:40 GMT, Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Could you tell me how to play MPEG 4 (.m4a) files in Windows Media
>Player 9? Thanks.
>By the way, I am running Windows Xp Pro (SP2)

XviD is an open source MPEG4 codec.
http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

Introduction To Finding A Codec For Windows Media Play 9
http://www.updatexp.com/codec-for-wi...-player-9.html

Latest free video and audio codecs
http://www.free-codecs.com/index.htm

Codec resources and alternatives:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/***********************************finalbuilds.htm

Download and run "Gspot". Then use it to open the file and determine the codec needed.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

AVIcodec - Similar to above
http://avicodec.duby.info/

DivX 3.11:
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html

DivX 5.x
http://www.divx.com/divx/

MPEG2 Decoder Package
http://www.elecard.com/download/

http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

http://www.xvid.org/
http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Nimo pack.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

FFDSHOW.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

Compression Codecs (Huge list)
http://dshow.narod.ru/

Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and audio codecs.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/***********************************mirror.htm

ACE Mega Codec Pack Professional Edition has practically every codec you need or ever wanted.
This contains the latest version of every codec including DivX and XviD.
http://www.sysonline.hu/files/codec/ACEMCP601PRO.exe
http://sq5.onlinedown.net/down/ACEMCP601PRO.exe

http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

Audio Codecs Resources
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

"The Codecs" package.
http://www.xelation.nl/theorica/codecs.htm

QuickTime Alternative
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

Windows Media Series Audio and Video Codecs
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...es/codecs.aspx

Windows Media Player plug-ins
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9Series/GettingStarted//personalization/plugins.asp>

VLC media player - The cross-platform media player and streaming server
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/