Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Request for information

Request for information

Antoine

Hello, I currently prepare examination 20-270 on Windows
XP pro. I would like to know which are the books that one
generally uses. Thank you very much.

Marko

Firstly to Antoine: I am not singling you out, so don't
take personal offense. I am merely using your post as a
good example of how not to direct a question here, thinly
disguised as the result of some effort on your part to
find the answer yourself.

Secondly: To everyone reading this post. Antoine has
demonstrated (I suspect unintentionally) how to write the
type of post if you *generally* want to be ignored or
flamed.

Reason: One of the common undertones of this group is Why
should anybody help someone who demonstrates that they are
unable to help themselves?

Antoine: You say that you are preparing for 70-270 but
give no clue as to what that preparation may be. What
books do you have? Do you intend to do any courses? Are
you working? What experience do you have? What research
have you done on finding a book? Has anybody recommended
a book to you? Have you looked through any books at all?

In other words, What obstacle have you encountered to
being able to research and answer your own question?

I'm not saying that anybody needs to give a detailed
response, but I am guessing that (in this example) we
could have been given one sentence like "I have some
experience with XP Pro on my home computer and have not
looked in any book stores and have not purchased or looked
at any books on XP yet."

That's all. It's not hard. It helps us to help you.

Now to answer your question as best as I can with the info
you have given. Try typing "70-270 book review" in your
favourite search engine (www.google.com???) or even using
it in the search engine at an online book retailer, such
as Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Read enough reviews and you
will likely form a valid opinion on which book may be
right for you.

Spend some time going through the answers and try to make
your own mind up on what may suit you.

All the best to you. Seriously.

Simon Geary

"Marko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b5201c36d65$00ed1dd0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

I like slagging off useless posters as much as the next man but bear in mind
that not everyone in the world has a confident grasp of English and
eloquent descriptions of their situation may be beyond their ability, hence
the pidgin English.

Having said that, pardeep, dirpan, rajiv et al from India still deserve to
be flamed for "kindest sir, i am wish to study mcse plz help"

KLXrider

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:23:55 -0700, "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>10 bucks an hour instead of 6?

That is Florida, not India.

KLXrider, MCNGP #18

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

"KLXrider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:23:55 -0700, "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >10 bucks an hour instead of 6?

> That is Florida, not India.

And people wonder why we can't fill out an election ballot correctly.

--
Fris "Kindly vote the needful" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Clint Kennedy

In my opinion, that was unnecessary. You said in your post "Has anybody
recommended a book to you?" What do you think he was trying to get?
Recommendations? I hate stupid posts too but Antoine's was perfectly valid.
He was asking a lot of guys that have possibly studied for and taken this
exam which book they've had good successes with. What better place to ask?
Not trying to get flamed here, I just think that post was a little
unnecessary.

Clint

"Marko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b5201c36d65$00ed1dd0$(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

"Clint Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my opinion, that was unnecessary. You said in your post "Has anybody
> recommended a book to you?" What do you think he was trying to get?
> Recommendations? I hate stupid posts too but Antoine's was perfectly

valid.
> He was asking a lot of guys that have possibly studied for and taken this
> exam which book they've had good successes with. What better place to

ask?
> Not trying to get flamed here, I just think that post was a little
> unnecessary.
>
> Clint

IAWTP

--
Fris "Agreeable" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Lady

The only books I use are the MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum) and either
the Administrator's Kit for that OS, or MS Press.

Then, I followup with practice questions from www.selftestsoftware.com

Hope this helps.

"Antoine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:049201c36d5e$ab6285e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I currently prepare examination 20-270 on Windows
> XP pro. I would like to know which are the books that one
> generally uses. Thank you very much.

Chris

Even worse they steal our jobs on our own soil. Besides
it was a joke fer Christ sake.

KLXrider

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:55:54 -0700, "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Besides
>it was a joke fer Christ sake.

Chill, hang out for a while and you would begin to understand that you
would have been smacked around a little if we didn't know it was a
joke.

KLXrider, MCNGP #18