Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > buying memory modules

buying memory modules

john marsden

re. buying memory modules, ( boaby ) dec. 30th. i am having the same
problem, but i have no documentation for my computer having inherited it.
how do i find out what type of motherboard i have by just looking at it?
thank you
old novice.

Toolman Tim

In news:WVntf.17884$(E-Mail Removed),
john marsden spewed forth:
> re. buying memory modules, ( boaby ) dec. 30th. i am having the same
> problem, but i have no documentation for my computer having inherited
> it. how do i find out what type of motherboard i have by just looking
> at it? thank you
> old novice.

Download "Everest" from www.lavalys.com and install/run it. That program
will tell you exactly what motherboard (and video, sound, everything like
that) you have.

If that is unavailable, search on google.com for Belarc Advisor - it can do
the same. Or hwinfo32. There's lots of tools out there to tell you "what's
in the box".

Plato

john marsden wrote:

> re. buying memory modules, ( boaby ) dec. 30th. i am having the same
> problem, but i have no documentation for my computer having inherited it.
> how do i find out what type of motherboard i have by just looking at it?

Often you cant just by looking at it. Try:

http://www.bootdisk.com/tennessee/ba.exe
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

john marsden wrote:

> re. buying memory modules, ( boaby ) dec. 30th. i am having the same
> problem, but i have no documentation for my computer having inherited it.
> how do i find out what type of motherboard i have by just looking at it?

Tough just by looking at it. One might try:

http://www.bootdisk.com/tennessee/ctbios15.zip
http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
http://www.bootdisk.com/tennessee/ba.exe
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

One of the above WILL correctly ID your motherboard make and model.
Guaranteed.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/