Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: strange noise from laptop

Re: strange noise from laptop

EricP

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:44:26 +0000 (UTC), "stevejone"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Recently my Toshibal laptop emits a low intensity crackling noise from the
>speakers and headphones whilst watching dvds, listening to cds or online
>radio. If watching a dvd I click "pause" the noise changes to a low pitch
>hum. Sometimes the noise will temporarily cease when plugging or unplugging
>the ac cable. The battery status does not seem to be a factor. Any ideas
>appreciated?

Sounds like old fashioned mains hum.

The PSU is on the blink. Can you borrow another one and try it?

Possibly a lead come off or a smoothing component broken down.