Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Suggestions for easily managing multiple email users?

Re: Suggestions for easily managing multiple email users?

D.T

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 16:35:24 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Howdy!
>
>"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>newsxhrf.2574$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> Ralph Wade Phillips spewed forth:

>> > Well, you discount the primary one ... separate IDs for the
>> > workstation for each user.
>> >
>> > Toolman Tim has a suggestion also, which *ahem* usually does
>> > what you say you don't want to do on 2K.
>> >

>> He said nothing about not wanting password protection on individual email
>> accounts (identities). He didn't want separate user logins for individuals
>> for the OS (W2K).

> However, in my experience, with "User Accounts" on with 9X or on 2K
>or XP, it logs you off and you have to log on as another user. That might
>have been fixed since 5.5, but I'm a strong enough proponent of seperate
>users that I've not checked it recently.
>
> RwP

If you want to handle multiple Email addresses together you will
probably need something like Pocomail which is not free. I use to
download 4 email accounts together and sort the mail to various
folders. It handles Yahoo mail and FastMail but not Hotmail (I cant
get it to work)

DT