Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop hard drive is a beaten docket

Laptop hard drive is a beaten docket

Barney

I have a Eisystem laptop 4430. A system recovery disc and a hard drive that
has been messed up by my son.
I'm was running XP Home. Anyway to cut to the chase, my son gave me back my
laptop after a week in his possesion and the thing wouldn't start. All I got
was NTLDR is Missing. So I inserted my recovery disc and restarted the
laptop. I opted for the non destructive recovery. It was running for hours
and then I tried again without the disc, still got NTLDR is Missing. I then
tried the second option System Recovery - No Format. Still no joy. So I
tried the third and final option. System Recovery - Quick Format. Still
nothing. All I am getting is the disc drive running but no lights for the
hard drive and cd drive are flashing on the panel. Anyone in the group know
where I'm coming from. If so could you try to help me.
Thank you for even reading this post.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Barney wrote:
> I have a Eisystem laptop 4430. A system recovery disc and a hard drive that
> has been messed up by my son.
> I'm was running XP Home. Anyway to cut to the chase, my son gave me back my
> laptop after a week in his possesion and the thing wouldn't start. All I got
> was NTLDR is Missing. So I inserted my recovery disc and restarted the
> laptop. I opted for the non destructive recovery. It was running for hours

Translation: I got tired of waiting and interrupted the process.

> and then I tried again without the disc, still got NTLDR is Missing. I then
> tried the second option System Recovery - No Format. Still no joy. So I
> tried the third and final option. System Recovery - Quick Format. Still
> nothing. All I am getting is the disc drive running but no lights for the
> hard drive and cd drive are flashing on the panel. Anyone in the group know
> where I'm coming from. If so could you try to help me.

Could be that the hard drive is tits up.

Ben Myers

See if there is a floppy in the laptop. If so, remove it. Also, go into the BIOS
setup and make sure the hard drive parameters are correct. Be sure to save
any changes when exiting.

Ben

"Barney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Jqwsf.36642$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Eisystem laptop 4430. A system recovery disc and a hard drive that
> has been messed up by my son.
> I'm was running XP Home. Anyway to cut to the chase, my son gave me back my
> laptop after a week in his possesion and the thing wouldn't start. All I got
> was NTLDR is Missing. So I inserted my recovery disc and restarted the
> laptop. I opted for the non destructive recovery. It was running for hours
> and then I tried again without the disc, still got NTLDR is Missing. I then
> tried the second option System Recovery - No Format. Still no joy. So I
> tried the third and final option. System Recovery - Quick Format. Still
> nothing. All I am getting is the disc drive running but no lights for the
> hard drive and cd drive are flashing on the panel. Anyone in the group know
> where I'm coming from. If so could you try to help me.
> Thank you for even reading this post.

John Holmes

Barney blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Anyone in the group know
> where I'm coming from.

Belfast?

--
Your mother was an over-active has-been who gave birth to you under the
sink.

John Holmes

Ben Myers wrote:
> "Barney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Jqwsf.36642$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a Eisystem laptop 4430. A system recovery disc and a hard
>> drive that has been messed up by my son.
>> I'm was running XP Home. Anyway to cut to the chase, my son gave me
>> back my laptop after a week in his possesion and the thing wouldn't
>> start. All I got was NTLDR is Missing. So I inserted my recovery
>> disc and restarted the laptop. I opted for the non destructive
>> recovery. It was running for hours and then I tried again without
>> the disc, still got NTLDR is Missing. I then tried the second option
>> System Recovery - No Format. Still no joy. So I tried the third and
>> final option. System Recovery - Quick Format. Still nothing. All I
>> am getting is the disc drive running but no lights for the hard
>> drive and cd drive are flashing on the panel. Anyone in the group
>> know where I'm coming from. If so could you try to help me.
>> Thank you for even reading this post.

<top-poasting corrected>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! You ****ing useless ****.

--
Your mother was an etiolated ninny who shocked people world-wide in a
vivisection laboratory.

Barney

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FBysf.1424$M%(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
See if there is a floppy in the laptop. If so, remove it. Also, go into
the BIOS
setup and make sure the hard drive parameters are correct. Be sure to save
any changes when exiting.

Ben

Thank you all who answered with the exception of the last poster. I
eventually got it sorted. I made a copy of the Recovery Disc and run it. The
original for some reason was corrupt.
Thanks again all for the inputs.

Barney

"John Holmes" tried to get an a laugh with a mouth he eats with when he
said...

>> Anyone in the group know
>> where I'm coming from.

> Belfast?

**Anyone in the group know
where I'm coming from** explained
This does not mean,*does anyone know where I live?*, it means, *does anyone
understand what I am on about?*

> Your mother was an over-active has-been who gave birth to you under the
> sink.

I am 58 and my Mother died when I was 14 months old and my Father dies 7
months after her. So please keep your garbage talk for your family.

John Holmes

Barney blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "John Holmes" tried to get an a laugh with a mouth he eats with when
> he said...
>>
>>> Anyone in the group know
>>> where I'm coming from.

>> Belfast?

> **Anyone in the group know
> where I'm coming from** explained
> This does not mean,*does anyone know where I live?*, it means, *does
> anyone understand what I am on about?*

Why didn't you say so?

>> Your mother was an over-active has-been who gave birth to you under
>> the sink.
>>

> I am 58 and my Mother died when I was 14 months old and my Father dies
> 7 months after her. So please keep your garbage talk for your family.

Get ****ed. My father is 89 years old, and I have to feed and wash him
every single day. Can you imagine what mess that makes?

--
Your mother was a self-exalting moose who talked incessantly about
vegetables in a home for the permanently baffled.

Little k