Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: How to associate '.php files' with Firefox - not 'Printmaster'

Re: How to associate '.php files' with Firefox - not 'Printmaster'

John Inzer

> Hello, I copied from an iso (678mb) to CD successfully.
> The .php files came out as associated with 'printmaster'
> However, they are (seemingly) html, information files?
> I tried to change the 'open with' or 'associate with'
> from Printmaster but I can't get acceptance for Firefox
> which is my browser.
> How do I open such files with my browser, not Printmaster?
> Using winXP, SP2.
> Thankyou for any help or good, simple advice.
> Allen

===================================
It's possible the files were created with
an older version of MS Picture It! If that's
the case, any of the newer versions of
MS Digital Image should open the files.

There's a 60 day trial version that can
be downloaded from the following site:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea

Be aware that it's a 109 MB download....

--

John Inzer

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

John Inzer wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hello, I copied from an iso (678mb) to CD successfully. The .php
>> files came out as associated with 'printmaster' However, they are
>> (seemingly) html, information files? I tried to change the 'open
>> with' or 'associate with' from Printmaster but I can't get
>> acceptance for Firefox which is my browser. How do I open such files
>> with my browser, not Printmaster? Using winXP, SP2.
>> Thankyou for any help or good, simple advice.
>> Allen

> ===================================
> It's possible the files were created with an older version of MS
> Picture It! If that's the case, any of the newer versions of MS
> Digital Image should open the files.

..php files are server-side web code/script files, not images. They are
just text files that are read and executed by the web server's PHP
program. See: http://www.php.net/

> There's a 60 day trial version that can
> be downloaded from the following site:

...which is not needed for them. As Blinky stated, one would need a local
web server to _execute_ them, but any text editor will _open_ them.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer