Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Forms authentication - How to create first administrator type user in application

Forms authentication - How to create first administrator type user in application

Matt Adamson

If we use forms authentication in our web application we need an initial
administrator account from which the first user can log on to create new
users and assign roles. How do others do this, use the member ship API to
create the first user as part of the installation process or use direct SQL

Peter Bradley

Add the default admin user and roles to the database/directory service by
hand, or as part of the installation routine. That's what most applications
do - think of the admin accounts for application servers and wireless router
setup pages.

Peter

news:%23x2r3%(E-Mail Removed)...